A few improvements or questions 04/12/2014 01:44 AM CDT
For my home in RR (Gamaliya Alley), my door is the only one in the alley. But there are other unclaimed (hidden) doors. I must use "p door" (plain door) to access mine, even though it's the only visible one. Kind of annoying.

One reason I don't hang out in my house is it's not a node. I kind of think it should be default, but if not we should at least be able to buy the status. It would dramatically increase the appeal over, say, a table. I got my house, put some stuff in it, and now I rarely go there.

It would also be really nice if ANYTHING could be permanently stored there. I'm not after yet another place to stash gems or junk from the last Ebon Gate, so I'm not necessarily asking for like a 100 item chest. I'd just like somewhere to put trophies or random cool boxfound items on display. Maybe some weapon hanging over the mantle, or some crap that can go on a shelf. I'm absolutely fine with needing to buy the storage items, and that nicer ones that can fit more would cost more, as long as it's along a similar price range with the rest of the home items. But I dunno, being able to put an ewer on the table I have, or like a fishing thrak trophy on a shelf seems sensible. What else can you even do with that junk?

Overall, I kind of feel like premium homes have largely gone to the wayside, and the above points would really increase the appeal I think.

I think you've done a lot of great work, Jainna. So my point here isn't to moan about the status, but give some hopefully simple suggestions. Though I have a feeling none of these ideas are especially new ones.

Oh yeah, and using movement modifiers doesn't allow me to enter my house. That's a lame bug. (I limp up to the door rather than going it, etc.)

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: A few improvements or questions 04/12/2014 05:23 AM CDT
>Oh yeah, and using movement modifiers doesn't allow me to enter my house. That's a lame bug.

Portal bugs never get fixed. I've probably bugged dozens over then over a decade or more and they are still all there. Even ones that get you killed because the messaging says a critter left the room when it actually arrived in the room never get fixed.
Re: A few improvements or questions 04/16/2014 03:10 PM CDT
>I've probably bugged dozens over then over a decade or more and they are still all there. Even ones that get you killed because the messaging says a critter left the room when it actually arrived in the room never get fixed.

Are there ones that specifically say they "leave" the room, or is it just a matter of perception? Climbing up/down something does not imply either leaving or arriving.

Also, the Room Window is very helpful in avoiding this if you use StormFront.

-Marstreforn-
Icemule Trace Guru
Halfling Guru
Re: A few improvements or questions 04/16/2014 04:30 PM CDT
>> Climbing up/down something does not imply either leaving or arriving.

It appears that came and went are the key words for stairs in Nelemar. That said, the messaging is still wonky.

Messaging for something entering/leaving a room via the a staircase in Temple Nelemar.

>look
Water streams down from the ceiling above in quickly paced drops, splattering before gaining momentum and running to the east through the grooves carved in the stone floor. A short set of descending stairs, half submerged below the high water level, leads to the northeast, while to the south, a single pillar has collapsed, but does not impede travel in that direction. You also see some muck.
Obvious exits: north, east, south

Something entering the room (shouldn't they come up the stairs if they entering the room?):
>A water elemental just came down some descending stairs.

Something exiting the room:
>A water elemental just went down some descending stairs.

From the other side of the stairs

>look
[Ruined Temple, Second Floor]
A pair of rusted iron sconces flank the doorway that rests at the top of half-submerged ascending stairs. The room is otherwise unadorned, and there is no evidence to suggest it ever was. You also see some muck.
Obvious exits: northeast, east

Something entering the room (shouldn't they come down the stairs?):
A siren just came up some ascending stairs.

Something exiting the room:
A water elemental just went up some ascending stairs.

-- Robert
Re: A few improvements or questions 04/16/2014 04:34 PM CDT
>Are there ones that specifically say they "leave" the room, or is it just a matter of perception? Climbing up/down something does not imply either leaving or arriving.

Its a matter of reading the room descriptions. If all you know is that you are in Lich Room #2345, fighting critter #5553179, its not going to catch you out, because it doesn't imply anything.

However, if you read the room description that says you are at the top of the hill, the message that said you climbed up when you went from the room at the bottom of the hill to the room at the top, and then a message says a critter just climbed down, it definitely does imply that the critter with you at the top of the hill has left the room rather than the critter at the bottom of the hill has followed you up.

Room A
You are at the bottom of a hill.
Also here: a mean critter.
Obvious path: up

>up

Room B
You are at the top of a hill.
Also here: a mean critter.
Obvious path: down

A mean critter just went down.

How many mean critters are there at the top of the hill with you now and how many are there at the bottom of the hill?

How is it in any way not a bug that there are two at the top of the hill and none at the bottom rather than vice versa?

Maybe the bug is that the Room A room description should say its at the bottom of a hole, maybe its the movement messaging, but there's a bug there.
Re: A few improvements or questions 04/17/2014 05:01 AM CDT
>It appears that came and went are the key words for stairs in Nelemar. That said, the messaging is still wonky.

The ones that really annoy me are the ones where the key words are "climbed" and "climbed", rather than came and went. The ones where you only have the direction, and the direction is wrong.
Re: A few improvements or questions 05/07/2014 01:34 AM CDT
I just died in someone's home last night. Did you know you can't even get dragged out of someone's home.

Ugh.

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: A few improvements or questions 05/07/2014 08:23 AM CDT

>I just died in someone's home last night.

you shouldn't eat the bears' porridge
Re: A few improvements or questions 05/07/2014 10:07 AM CDT
And here I'm thinking, song lyrics.

"I just died in your house, tonight..."