The Vault Opens - A Blood Red Ruby Ring 11/04/2014 12:41 PM CST
It's been some time since we've had an item to bid on in this topic (8 months?). I'm going to offer up some (very) few items that I've acquired over the years, starting with this:

What it is: A Blood Red Ruby Ring

What it's lore is:

The first thing that strikes you about the ring is the weight, which is about 2 pounds. You feel it's quite valuable.

Suddenly, waves of images flare up from the ring like unbidden guests, each one more terrible than the last. Your surroundings fade as a great battle unfolds, stretching to the horizons of a bleak panorama. Overhead, the writhing forms of huge drakes desperately battle creatures that defy description, their silhouettes grotesque and contorted. As you watch, horror grows as the screams and shrieks penetrate your core, pulling your very life blood away. Then, the vision dims, and as your eyes clear, you hear the last echo of one of the horrible cries leave its echo in your mind.

As the melody of your song wraps its strains around the ring, you find yourself back in the midst of the raging battle glimpsed before, the shift disconcerting and abrupt. Again, the dragons battle their fiendish foes. You watch as one of the hideous beings is mortally wounded, and stand in horror, unable to move. The colossal form comes barreling down at you from above, flailing and screaming in rage. It passes through you, leaving a frozen waste in your heart as it disappears into the maw of molten glaes seething in the volcano beneath your feet. You watch, mesmerized by its dying frenzy, seeing its visage slowly still and become a part of the magma surrounding it. As its eyes dim, so does the hellish image, fading back into your normal surroundings.

You feel the blood leave your face as, once more, images seep from the ring and grow more insistent and demanding. You find yourself standing in a place dark and dangerous, with steaming fissures and hellish spouts of magma. Standing before the visage of everything evil you've ever imagined, you watch as drops of liquid poison form, changing from horror into beauty as the viscous goo embraces a pile of sparkling rubies. Without explanation, you know that this pairing not only gives life, but takes it as well. As you shudder with such a near proximity to death itself, the vision fades away.

What I know:

1) Rubbing the ring restores 10 health (just like eating an acantha leaf)
2) Rubbing the ring incurs a 5 second hard roundtime (just like eating an acantha leaf) and a 3 second soft roundtime
3) The hard roundtime scales with training in first aid (just like eating acantha leaf) to 3 seconds at 101 ranks
4) The soft roundtime does not scale, and remains at 3 seconds constant
5) The ring recharges itself by drawing on your own physical health (1 point at a time)
6) The ring holds somewhere between 20 and 40 charges - I've heard 40, but only witnessed 20 myself during use
7) The ring's recharge / cool down time is not something I know, but I do know that I've never really 'run out' of charges when I use it while hunting
8) Two benefits of the ring is not having to put something away to activate it - one action equals five (rub versus stow / get / eat / stow / get cycle), and not having to buy / forage / summon acantha leaf.

What I'm asking:

40M silver minimum bid
75M silver buy out bid

How I work:

Any information proven to be incorrect will be updated in a separate post. I'm interested in silver transactions, and potentially trade items, but it's going to be a tough trade as my vault's pretty full. The buy out bid is selected by simply doubling the minimum bid I will accept and reducing 5M. The minimum bid seems in line with expectations. I'm not really too worried about selling this, or any other item that I may put up here for folks to bid silver on. I will operate on the once, twice, last call, sold method. I will attempt to close each day (around midnight EST) with the current status.

Happy bidding!

Doug
Re: The Vault Opens - A Blood Red Ruby Ring 11/04/2014 12:54 PM CST
Neat item! I hope it finds a good home!

-- Robert
Re: The Vault Opens - A Blood Red Ruby Ring 11/06/2014 02:34 AM CST
It sounds like it's casting 801. Cool, but I'm not that rich.

>An officer of the Sorcerer Guild arrives and glances around. "Ah, there you are, Vathon!" he says in a slightly agitated tone. "I have come to formally declare that your membership privileges have been revoked."
Re: The Vault Opens - A Blood Red Ruby Ring 11/14/2014 08:51 AM CST
Very nice item Doug. Nothing super overpowered but it has character. Definitely something I'd be interested in... if it were in Plat. ;)

Keith/Brinret/Shiun

Be nice to Wyrom or I will cut you!