Your Giantkin Ideas 11/09/2011 11:44 AM CST
I'm looking for some Giant related ideas for the future, and I'm curious what some folks out there would like to see, or what kind of ideas you have. :)

-GM Kenstrom-
The First Male MHO Guru Ever
Wehnimer's Landing Guru
Giantmen Guru

The Ultimate MHO Guide
(www.gemstonemho.pbworks.com)
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 11/09/2011 01:45 PM CST
My only suggestion? Have female giantmen be giantwomen.
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 11/09/2011 07:37 PM CST
>>Have female giantmen be giantwomen.

And give them CMan SnooSnoo.

Also, more Highman Games. Still one of my favorite events ever.

The L behind the Laphrael

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a shoe.

http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Laphrael
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 11/09/2011 11:09 PM CST
Definitely have the games reappear.

Maybe put one of them in the village every few months?
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 11/10/2011 03:50 PM CST
<<My only suggestion? Have female giantmen be giantwomen.

Or just make them all giantkin
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 02/10/2012 06:49 PM CST

I'd like to see more info on which of the Gods sync more with the 'ideals' projected for Giantkin. As a Giant Warrior from the early days of the game, it was never a problem just staying with more generic beliefs for RP, but with a priest, I'd like more info. I've kept him undeclared for 10 yrs waiting for more 'Giant specific' Deity info.
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 02/11/2012 08:28 AM CST
Why are you out adventuring? Which Arkati fits that motivation? If you are just a giantkin out to make the world a better place, then you are doing Kuon's work.
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 05/23/2012 03:19 PM CDT
Maybe some giant styled armors, weapons, clothing. (loincloth, or other barbaric attire) weapons are usually forged to superior or perfect before most warriors will glance at them.
Hilt wraps for current weapons?

I guess there are some refined giants out there. Maybe something with a show for giants?
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 11/09/2012 09:47 PM CST

Just something I wrote when bored.

- Ashen Waste Tribe -

It is not a difficult leap of faith for many to believe that the Araime Sun Clan was amongst the giantman clans to have sent a detachment to Maelshyve to battle Despana. Given their intense beliefs surrounding freedom and peace many opposed the participation in what was a gruesome and bloody war, but a larger number still opposed with far greater fervor the nature of undeath and Despana's efforts. In the beginning it was not one but three entire tribes that ventured to lend their aid, but quickly found they were ill-prepared for the horrors that they faced. It was only the most capable and worldly of their warriors who did not succumb to death or madness early on in the battle. When all was said and done, only one tribe remained standing.

This tribe however had suffered wounds both physical and mental that would never, and could never heal. Their attempt to return home in the wake of the war found them at constant odds with their brethren. Their world views had forever been painted by the experiences they had shared, and they found their clans traditional views of acceptance of the world naive and difficult to embrace with the loving nature they once had. It was in the moon cycle where so many of their giantman brethren battled with insanity that they too found they were not welcome. Their presence was disruptive, and their constant struggle against traditional values left them dejected and detached.

Under the cover of night and the watchful gaze of the moons above they departed on a jurney which would ultimately find them back in the wastes of the south. It was here that they cobbled together the crude and bitter semblance of a life, sheltered in the tainted husks of structures leftover from the war or networks of nearby caverns. They began to refer to themselves as the Ashen Waste tribe, and it was in the wastes that they fought hard for a new home. Much like the scars of the war, their dejection festered like a wound for generations.

Ashen Tribe Giantmen are standard in height for most giantmen, well built and physically strong. They have hair ranging in colors from brackish browns, silvers, and greys to coal black. Their skin complexion is noteably dusky, often greying in hue or outright ashen black while their eyes tend to range in earthen tones. Unlike many of their giantman brethren however they tend to be more agile and quick, as much so as their natural physical prowess can reconcile.
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 11/11/2012 03:24 PM CST

What I'd really like to see of Giantman lore would be more in-depth looks at the sub-cultures; stories/myths that circulate among each culture, samples of culture-specific dress and food, primary belief systems/patron deities. Really, a big focus on the 'lore' of each specific culture would be nice, the stories they tell children I imagine would vary greatly depending on the focus of the culture.

Also, I'd really love to see specific 'jobs' that fit into various cultures; like if seers and oracles are more prevalent within certain cultures or things of that nature. Stuff to really play off of.
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 01/03/2015 09:11 PM CST
A bit late but I'd like more detail on what every day life is like within each clan, daily duties, rites of passage, down time, positions held. And how they are further broken down into smaller subset groups, tribes, villages, families, ect.
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 06/07/2015 01:33 PM CDT

Dear Scribes:

Guess who has returned.

sincerly,

Tholn Ninespears
Clan Issimir
Re: Your Giantkin Ideas 06/07/2015 02:13 PM CDT
Welcome back!

GM Scribes