Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/16/2017 12:49 PM CST
They're likely insane, their name sounds like squid cuisine, and they are rumored to serve an unmentioned Arkati...so? Ghezresh?

"Vaikalimara Clan, an all-female clan, doesn't associate much with other people, including other giantkin. It is believed that they are the handmaidens to one of the Arkati, to one of the remaining drakes, and to other various unseen powers. It's also believed that they are very likely all insane."

*~Omni Exeunt in Mysterium~*
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/16/2017 01:28 PM CST
Pretty sure the Vaikalimara Clan follows Zelia... https://gswiki.play.net/Vaikalimara_Clan_Society
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/16/2017 02:18 PM CST
He's also not an Arkati.
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/16/2017 04:54 PM CST
"The Handmaidens" is a constellation that is related to Zelia, and so we can likely assume that was the intended identity of the Vaikalimara Clan document.
I did not write this document; I merely read it very recently as I have recently created a character of this culture and that was my take away.

--
Naos
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/18/2017 10:25 AM CST
Oh thanks, I missed that one. I wonder how much more I missed in the past decade?

Meh...not my cup of tea.

Why is Ghezresh not an Arkati? Everyone seems to be saying he is, so apparently some people know something.

*~Omni Exeunt in Mysterium~*
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/18/2017 11:00 AM CST
>Why is Ghezresh not an Arkati? Everyone seems to be saying he is, so apparently some people know something.

If you look under the CONVERT list, he's listed as a lesser spirit/arkati. It's entirely possible that, like Niima, he's a young/less-powerful arkati, but documentation isn't out yet on him, so his true nature is yet to be revealed.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/18/2017 04:32 PM CST
The "lesser spirits" like Voln, Ghezresh and Amasalen are not considered "Arkati". They are more powerful than your regular adventurer, sure, but they are in a category of less than Gods.
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/20/2017 04:39 AM CST

Yeah, it clearly says Arkati, so is everyone just pulling the "not an arkati" and/or "lesser arkati" out of their ass? It seemed to me he was a weakened Arkati, not a young Arkati, after reviewing what others know about him.
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/20/2017 10:40 AM CST
>Yeah, it clearly says Arkati,

"It" says? If you're referring to the CONVERT list, it clearly says 'lesser spirit/arkati'. So, yeah, I guess it clearly says 'arkati' as a part of that. If you're referencing something else as your source, please clarify.

>so is everyone just pulling the "not an arkati" and/or "lesser arkati" out of their ass? It seemed to me he was a weakened Arkati, not a young Arkati, after reviewing what others know about him.

All we have to go on so far is a) what was shared by NPCs and the overall experience of EG where Ghezresh was first introduced as an entity, b) what shows on the CONVERT list, and c) cleric/paladin spell messaging. As mentioned previously, documentation has not yet been released. Speculation was rampant before the shiny novelty wore off, but we won't really know what he is until that information is released in some fashion, be it the forthcoming documentation that Haliste has said is underway, or something definitive in-game.

So, speculate away. You might well be right.

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/20/2017 01:03 PM CST
>the forthcoming documentation that Haliste has said is underway...

It's in the final stages of QC. It really is coming.

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
SGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/20/2017 01:51 PM CST
>It's in the final stages of QC. It really is coming. -Haliste

Very much looking forward to it. :D

---
Re: Vaikalimara worshippers of Ghezresh? 12/24/2017 07:23 PM CST
Looking forward to it, Haliste. Once I know more about him, I can start making up myths!