Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/17/2017 02:35 AM CDT
So, as mentioned in another thread, I was curious about the cleric spell messaging for our new watery overlord, so I rolled one to experience the conversion puzzle on Caligos Isle and work up to seeing it all. Cleric spell messaging in particular tends to be evocative and character-revealing, flavored so heavily as it is by the caster's patron. While we don't have the full picture on Ghezresh yet at this stage in the overall unfolding of his release, some of the spell messaging might clue us in further to his scope and areas of influence.

If we've already got converts with access to Major Sanctuary (220) or the Paladin/Cleric base spells that have specific deity messaging, please feel encouraged to share the spell messaging in this thread. If you want to update the Deity Messaging wiki page while you're at it, great! If not, I'll happily do so myself. That page is here: https://gswiki.play.net/Deity_messaging

So far, my cleric just hit 11 tonight, and I've captured cleric chant and Blind (311) messaging, noted on the aforementioned wiki page and below:

CHANT
[1p] You chant a reverent orison, asking for the power of deception with which to intimidate and subvert all to the will of Ghezresh.
[3p] CLERIC chants a short but reverent orison, asking for the intimidating power that is deception.

BLIND(311)
[1p] As your faith overcomes TARGET's weakened defenses, you sense the powerful and oppressive intimidation of Ghezresh flow through you.
[2p] CASTER's face shimmers and vanishes, and in its place you see an omnipotent presence wreathed in indigo and silver mists. From within the depths, an eel rises from CASTER's collarbone and wraps itself around CASTER's neck before clicking its jaws closed upon its tail. Abruptly, the darkly intimidating mists recede.

More to come as I plink this guy up higher.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 27 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/17/2017 03:56 PM CDT
I am super curious what messaging Iasha weapons give for Ghezresh with raise, etc. I don't suppose you checked that, did you? If not, we could science that?

_ _ _
Wyrom gestures at you, causing you to explode.
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/17/2017 05:04 PM CDT
>I am super curious what messaging Iasha weapons give for Ghezresh with raise, etc. I don't suppose you checked that, did you? If not, we could science that?

I don't have one handy for testing, but if someone doesn't mind loaning one briefly for the cause, I'd be happy to make myself available to fondle it. Given how many scripts out there have deity-specific messaging, I doubt everything's gotten updates for the new guy. Now I'm curious too. :D

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 27 silver coins for it."
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/17/2017 05:09 PM CDT

yeah, but if anything, Iasha...

If I can find an egg, my empath will be converting and that'll get the 220 messaging at least.
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/17/2017 08:07 PM CDT
>> I don't have one handy for testing, but if someone doesn't mind loaning one briefly for the cause, I'd be happy to make myself available to fondle it. Given how many scripts out there have deity-specific messaging, I doubt everything's gotten updates for the new guy. Now I'm curious too. :D

Just send me a thought next time we are both in-game and I'll hook you up.

-- Robert

You see a fairly typical Lord Kai.
It appears to be in good shape.
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/18/2017 06:58 AM CDT
Arright, got my hands on an Iasha weapon and had some funny, this morning. The Iasha weapon script hasn't been updated to include Ghezresh yet, but I bugged it for all the broken I found. RAISE gives no response at all. HOLD and ROAR seem to want to insert a name in there based on your convert but it blanks out that part:

>You point your weapon into the sky and roar a battle cry to .
>Holding your ora-tipped pike, you cry out, ", aid me in my hour of need!"

Was good for a laugh. :D

---
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/18/2017 12:41 PM CDT

>incant 220
You trace a sign while petitioning the spirits to bestow their aid with the Major Sanctuary spell...
Your spell is ready.
You gesture.
Issuing the last syllables of the spell, your vision blurs with a silvery grey light, and the world around you shifts...

[Under The Sea]
Basalt rocks, slick and ragged, rise from a sand-ravaged ground littered with tangled clusters of lifeless kelp and seagrass. Beyond the surrounding bubble of air is a murky ocean filled with imposing shadows from large aquatic beasts that pass just out of sight. The acrid scent of the sea assaults your senses, and you sense that at any moment, the bubble could pop, and water could come rushing in.
Obvious exits: out
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/18/2017 01:14 PM CDT
Well that would make me feel safe and secure allright.

Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/18/2017 01:16 PM CDT

It would make me hear a catchy tune and a cheap Jamaican accent..
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/18/2017 04:47 PM CDT
Omg scary! This dude is the god of drowning.

~Amanda, player of Treeva
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/18/2017 04:52 PM CDT
A sudden collection of newly minted non-thinkers following a self-proclaimed force that claims to be tangibly tied to the catastrophe of the greatest of Elven Houses probably would be great for inter-character conflict development.

Or, you know. . . probably not.

Doug
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/18/2017 10:44 PM CDT
>A sudden collection of newly minted non-thinkers following a self-proclaimed force that claims to be tangibly tied to the catastrophe of the greatest of Elven Houses probably would be great for inter-character conflict development.

All I heard was 'Praise be to EelJesus'.

---
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/19/2017 02:47 AM CDT
>>A sudden collection of newly minted non-thinkers following a self-proclaimed force that claims to be tangibly tied to the catastrophe of the greatest of Elven Houses probably would be great for inter-character conflict development.

Is there actually some clues implying this deity played a role in bringing that about?
Fyrentennimar

Quote: "Jaynah says, "This is more fun than rolton tipping and blood eagle ridin combined.""
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/19/2017 08:05 AM CDT
>>Is there actually some clues implying this deity played a role in bringing that about?

Bringing it about? Not so much. Sliding in to soak up the lingering will to live and thrive from a bunch of lost, bereft refugee souls and exploit their anger and grief? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe :)

-GK!

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/19/2017 08:18 AM CDT
I just want to chime in here and say it has been awesome seeing all the theories come out about this. I can tell that many of you have really paid attention to what's going on as well as details on items and loresongs and the like.

We will post information soon with some more solid details.

~ Haliste ~
The Forest Gnome of Silverwood Manor
SGM, Events

Omrii: Okay, thanks Haliste. You're way better than Wyrom.
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/19/2017 08:32 AM CDT

Praise Eeljesus!
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/19/2017 11:01 AM CDT

I forgot to include the exit messaging:

Indigo light floods your vision, and you feel the waters come rushing towards you, the weight of their presence intimidating and imposing. Just as you sense that this breath may be your last, the world around you dissolves...
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/19/2017 03:24 PM CDT
Rockin', thanks Arch. Ghez sanctuary updated on the Deity Messaging wiki page.

---
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/21/2017 04:35 AM CDT
Help, I have eels in my vision!

Perosh's face shimmers and vanishes, and in its place you see an omnipotent presence wreathed in indigo and silver mists. From within the depths, an eel rises from Perosh's collarbone and wraps itself around Perosh's neck before clicking its jaws closed upon its tail. Abruptly, the darkly intimidating mists recede.

As your faith overcomes Voqarek's weakened defenses, you sense the powerful and oppressive intimidation of Ghezresh flow through you.

It looks to be missing a return line at the bottom, but I am not sure I have ever been Arkati-blinded before, so that may always be the case.

_ _ _
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/21/2017 10:50 AM CDT

A Cult of Personeelity?
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/25/2017 03:06 AM CDT
Here are the 313 messages for our eelverlord!

You gesture.
Turning your thoughts inward, you ask for the oppressive intimidation of your deity to protect you. Your skin grows chill and clammy, and you sense that your prayer has been granted.
Cast Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Perosh gestures.
Silver-laced indigo mist seeps from Perosh's eyes.

_ _ _
Re: Spell messaging share: Ghezresh edition 10/25/2017 12:28 PM CDT

>313 messaging

Huzzah!

---