What's inspired you to convert? 10/13/2017 01:29 PM CDT
Changing your CONVERT status to a different Arkati is a big step for a character!

So, I was curious... for those of you making the change to Ghezresh, what inspired you to do so? What made your character pledge their devotion to this lord of the indigo eels after learning about them?

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/13/2017 05:16 PM CDT
Boring anecdote #1 - I rolled a new cleric to check out the spell messaging. None of my existing characters were a fit for what we know about Ghez so far. Really looking forward to more information trickling out as EG progresses, though.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 27 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/13/2017 05:46 PM CDT
Boring anecdote #2 - I thought about rolling a new cleric to check out this new arkati fellow but ultimately didn't and none of my existing characters seem a good fit. I'm really looking forward to more information trickling out as EG progresses though! Maybe Mourne will share some information as he learns it!

-- Robert

P.S. Maybe my 11/1 HoC character will become a follower if there is a way to do so without violating the rules of HoC.

SomeWizard hurls a stream of fire at a water elemental!
A heavy barrier of stone momentarily forms around a water elemental and blocks the attack!
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/13/2017 05:56 PM CDT
>Maybe Mourne will share some information as he learns it!

Definitely. I'll be updating the wiki with spell messaging as I see it, if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 27 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/13/2017 06:33 PM CDT
Thrassus converted over for a few different reasons: 1) He is a sucker for powerful entities promising seemingly forbidden knowledge; 2) Ghezresh's whole MO seems to revolve around deception, and from what some of the loresongs seem to indicate, some form of undeath; and 3)for the OOC reason that Ghezresh seems REALLY Lovecraftian and that stuff is super great.

- Thrassus' Brain
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/13/2017 07:09 PM CDT

This island is peaceful, no monsters or undead. The lands... Not so much.

The other arkati aren't making a compelling counter pitch.
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/13/2017 07:22 PM CDT
I would like to convert but have yet to find an egg.

Kaight has been insane for quite awhile and even developed another personality to deal with his traumas. For the time being, I've been rp'ing that the mist of the island gives him a sense of calm and peace and that he is intrigued by the islanders' talk of salvation.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.

AIM: Kaight (Matt) GS4
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/13/2017 09:12 PM CDT
Hadn't found any appealing spirits yet, the Ezreshi talked about salvation, the eels like me...

My life for Ghezresh! ::whistles and winks::

~Ghezresh's Spunker
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/15/2017 04:54 PM CDT
My wizard is a knowledge-seeker, giving respect to Fash'lo'nae and Lumnis, seems natural he'll look into learning about this new guy and finding out what his deal is. I'm also a big Lovecraft fan, so unfortunately this quest for forbidden knowledge doesn't bode well for the curious mage. It's pretty likely he's going to end up digging too deep and finding himself unwillingly converted. (The story's a pretty obvious trope, but I think it's a fun one! Sorry Dhymil!)

“We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.” ~HPL

~DD
Re: What's inspired you to convert? 10/17/2017 10:23 AM CDT
Ysharra's been following V'tull (at least via the system mechanics) since 1996, despite the fact that I have been -very- tempted to pull her in another direction for oh, ten years at least. The CONVERT system sort of pushes you toward practiced monotheism, and I am somewhat stubborn. Ghezresh has presented as being similar enough to Luukos to make her wonder if he's an ally, though some of the other hints make her wonder if he's got it in for the Faendryl. So while conversion isn't likely, she and I are enjoying the mystery alike, and I am glad to see some development on this front.

Also, as an aside, other people have mentioned it and I can't help but chime in- the messaging that has gone along with the Ghezresh associations we've seen so far, from the spell preparations to the ambients on Caligos have been creepy, evocative and just downright fun. Very creative writing work, I'm totally enthralled.

Lastly, I did just happen to have an alt cleric who I was debating where he'd wind up, so this was a great moment of reciprocity, where I get to develop a character in tandem with a Elanthian storyline. Love it!

-GK!

Ysharra says, "One day, I'm going to have "What?" inscribed on your tombstone, with lots of helpful punctuation."