Elanthia's All Atwitter! 07/14/2010 11:09 AM CDT
It's not the sound of birds (or monks imitating birds) that's filling the air. It's our new interface with Twitter, the world's best and birdiest social networking institution.

When not besieged by the fail whale and his dastardly antics, you'll be able to keep up-to-date on the latest happenings in Elanthia via our live Twitter feed: invasions, merchants, and other exclusive events you might not know about otherwise.

Visit http://twitter.com/GemStoneIV and follow us now, you creepy stalker!

Auchand

It's funnier in Enochian.
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 07/14/2010 04:17 PM CDT
Simutronics started (or took over) that Twitter account back in April. What's different now?

BTW, for those that aren't aware of it, if you REALLY like rescuing people, there's a Twitter account called "Lorminstra", which automagically tweets whenever someone in GS4 dies. You could, like, you know, have that texted to your cell phone and become the EMS of GemStone!

(Not recommended for anyone with heart conditions, significant others, employment, or families. Those with a life need not apply. Your mileage may vary.)
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 07/14/2010 04:40 PM CDT
GMs all have a way to update you from in-game now, so we could theoretically do a twitter about our merchant coming up and such. So it's more important than ever to be a follower! <g>

--Xynwen--
"My real name is Mephistopheles, but you can call me baby"
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 07/15/2010 08:39 AM CDT
"if you REALLY like rescuing people, there's a Twitter account called "Lorminstra", which automagically tweets whenever someone in GS4 dies." -- Tsoran

Okay, this has my geek-antennae all a'twitchin'. This is so nerdly, I love it. :) It's like taking the old "Cleric Call-List" and totally automating it.
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 07/21/2010 02:11 PM CDT
<<BTW, for those that aren't aware of it, if you REALLY like rescuing people, there's a Twitter account called "Lorminstra", which automagically tweets whenever someone in GS4 dies. You could, like, you know, have that texted to your cell phone and become the EMS of GemStone!>>

Tickles me pink that somebody went and made that...

-Keleborrn.
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/23/2010 12:22 PM CDT
Could you perhaps make a separate twitter account for Plat? Some of us are interested in tweets only pertaining to Prime or Plat and don't want to have our cell phones spammed with messages for the one we don't care about.
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/23/2010 12:25 PM CDT
>Could you perhaps make a separate twitter account for Plat? Some of us are interested in tweets only pertaining to Prime or Plat and don't want to have our cell phones spammed with messages for the one we don't care about.

Yes, please. While this was only mildly annoying before, now that EG's starting up getting a text at 5 in the morning about merchant events in Plat's EG was really irritating when they were already coming in often during the evening.

--

Raelee quietly admits, "That is a difficult concept."
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/23/2010 11:12 PM CDT
I guess it's good I resisted having them sent to my phone. I just run the twitter feed in the background when I know I'm available to log in and respond to them. Admitting up front that I have no idea how feasible or not it is I would, however, be much more tempted to have them sent to my phone if there were separate feeds for the different instances.
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/26/2010 08:38 AM CDT
Personally, I think you take the bad with the good. Breaking up the feed will mean you divide the overall attention paid to the game as a whole. I think I've gotten a few tweets to my phone during a sleep cycle in which I noticed enough to check. I didn't lose much sleep over it and appreciated seeing that folks were being notified at *all hours instead of what's just convenient for the majority.

Frankly, I don't want to turn any potential merchants off from using the twitter feed because it's a very valuable resource for me.

Couldn't you just turn the feed off to your phone during a plat run for an event?

~Galenok
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/26/2010 09:42 AM CDT
>Breaking up the feed will mean you divide the overall attention paid to the game as a whole.

How does this even make sense? How does having the Prime players following their feed, Plat following their own, and whoever cares to following both translate into 'less attention paid to the game'?

--

Raelee quietly admits, "That is a difficult concept."
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/26/2010 09:44 AM CDT
I turned off the tweet feed to my phone because all the other instances actually blew my text allotment for the month. It was not awesome.

The Nalfein Kitten
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/29/2010 01:13 PM CDT
>I turned off the tweet feed to my phone because all the other instances actually blew my text allotment for the month. It was not awesome. <GRIEVERX3>

I did the same. It seems like the majority of texts have been for plat, anyway (even before EG).

When they separate the feeds, I'll consider using it again, but right now it's just an annoyance.
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/29/2010 06:13 PM CDT
Funnny, I play plat and before EG it felt to me like most of them were for Prime.
Re: Elanthia's All Atwitter! 10/29/2010 07:18 PM CDT
That's because they were mostly for Shattered... :p

-- Robert