Prev_page Previous 1 3
FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 01:01 PM CDT
In 2010, GemStone IV is celebrating the 20th anniversary of our official launch.

As a special thank you to both returning and long-time players, we will be amping up our treasure feeder distribution to "Frenzy" level over the next couple of weeks. Over 2,000 unique treasure items are queued up and ready to be released in treasure chests around Elanthia! The more you slay, the better your chances of finding these goodies. (Note: feeder distribution is being altered in prime only at this time. Platinum will have a separate event over the summer.)

Additionally, for a limited time, we are bringing back the GIFTBOX command with new gifts. Why? Because we like you! (And in special thanks for everyone's patience during the recent relocation of our data center and the subsequent *fun pauses*.) Giftboxes will be available in both prime and platinum.

The GIFTBOX command may only be used once per account (NOT once per character), and the gifts within will be attuned to the account. One item in the box is linked to your character's profession AND attuned to the character, so choose wisely!

We hope you enjoy these gifts! (Have you hugged a QCer today?)

~Sirina

The beatings will continue until morale improves!
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 01:02 PM CDT
Holy nice! I need to get hunting!

Gretchen

Meeting Nilandia: http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Nilandia
Nilandia's GS4 Info Repository: http://www.nilandia.com
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 01:11 PM CDT
When will the hopper be stuffed?

...Also thank you:)
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 01:12 PM CDT
Of course I promptly did it on the wrong character (I usually only play one on this account, so I didn't even think about it).

Either way, thank you much!
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 01:34 PM CDT
Very nice surprise. Now which to choose! Thanks so much.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 02:01 PM CDT
Nice gift items.

I am sure their stats will all get posted soon, but they don't just increase main stats, they boost max health and sometimes mana, pay attention.

-E
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 02:01 PM CDT
Thank you!
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 02:14 PM CDT
Can we choose to GIFTBOX the same character we used for the previous GIFTBOX items? Will they stack? Or should I use it for a different character?
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 02:18 PM CDT
>>>Can we choose to GIFTBOX the same character we used for the previous GIFTBOX items? Will they stack? Or should I use it for a different character?

They stack, and it's a good idea--whereas before your +5 stat only became +2 to the bonus you can get the full +10/+5 now. Of course, speaking as archer with the enhancive going to the DEX stat, it was a no-brainer.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 02:40 PM CDT
I thought I read before that the warcamp treasure system is different than the normal. Will we notice the increase in the warcamp loot as well?
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 07:16 PM CDT
This is a very nice surprise.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 08:39 PM CDT
>>I am sure their stats will all get posted soon, but they don't just increase main stats, they boost max health and sometimes mana, pay attention.

I think that those boosts you see are related to the deciding stat being boosted. i.e. My warrior got a str/con boost, which resulted in his stamina/health boosting.

- Andreas

EES Website: http://www.gsranger.net/
Foraging Galore: http://www.gsranger.net/guides/foraging/
PRO Resources: http://www.gsmeetinghalls.com/

Don't feed the troll, it only makes him worse.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 09:08 PM CDT
The original giftbox item for my bard gave +2 to max health and mana on top of +5 to my primary stats, I've not sung to the new one yet but its likely the same setup.

Tal, player of.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 09:15 PM CDT
I think that those boosts you see are related to the deciding stat being boosted. i.e. My warrior got a str/con boost, which resulted in his stamina/health boosting.

I won't dispute that boosting str/con could raise stamina and health, but...

Stamina and health, for squares, got boosted independently of the boosts to the stats. Rogues also got stamina and health boosts, and their stat boosts are dex/agi. Max HP went up by 10; I'm not sure of the amount that stamina went up. It could be that warriors saw max HP go up by more than the explicitly boosted 10 points due to the affect of the CON boost.

I know magic users get an explicit max mana boost.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/24/2010 09:34 PM CDT
The sigil resonates with your voice, indicating that it enhances its owner in the following ways:
It provides a bonus of 5 to Aura.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Influence.
It provides a bonus of 5 to Max Health.
It provides a bonus of 2 to Max Mana.
This item is restricted to use by you!
The sigil looks to have almost innumerable charges remaining.

You sense that the bronze sigil will persist after its last enhancive charge has been expended.

Tal.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/25/2010 04:20 PM CDT
I should probably mention for you feeder frenzy people...

Two private property "items" that are redeemable for two specific existing private properties were put in the feeders this month specifically as a ramp-up to this event. One has already been found in Prime. This means there's one more in Prime. Happy treasure-finding!

(There are, of course, also two in Plat. Given that your rate isn't all crazy right now, it may be awhile until ya'll get to it... but it's there!)

~Kaikala
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/25/2010 04:50 PM CDT
The big question now. Are the items that claim the properties transferable?

Keith/Kithus aka "Thumper"

Keith's Emoticons:
;) Joke or sarcasm
=P Just razzin you a little
>=( Grr, I'm all fake mad
=,( You made me pretend sad
0=) Expecting an e-mail from Izzea
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/25/2010 04:52 PM CDT
What happens if someone in Plat who isn't eligible for one finds one?

Is the deed transferable?

-E
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/26/2010 03:38 AM CDT
They're not transferable in the sense that once the item is keyed to someone (it will be very obvious to you if you've keyed it), it's not transferable in any way. Once keyed, there's a deadline to let me know whether or not you're redeeming it or not.

If you're not eligible to win it, it'll get re-fed. If you're not eligible because you already own another property, you can first take a look through the new property, and then decide which one you want to keep.

~Kaikala
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/26/2010 06:14 AM CDT
Alright thanks hun.

Keith/Kithus aka "Thumper"

Keith's Emoticons:
;) Joke or sarcasm
=P Just razzin you a little
>=( Grr, I'm all fake mad
=,( You made me pretend sad
0=) Expecting an e-mail from Izzea
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 03/28/2010 02:10 AM CDT
<<In 2010, GemStone IV is celebrating the 20th anniversary of our official launch.

Wow. Time flies when you're having fun. When my first character first drew breath, extremely wet behind the ears, I was fifteen years younger and the next generation of my RL family wasn't even born yet. (Indeed the fact that I need to put the letters 'RL' in front of the word family is a testament to the inpact that the Gemstone has had on me. ;)

Happy anniversary GS and thanks for the gifts... past, present and future.

Incidentally I like the poem on my lantern.... summarised succinctly by Dorothy. "There's no place like home..."

Bremerial - Bar Fly, 3rd Class [Highman Games 5010]

Warrior Interviews - Have you been interviewed yet? - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 04/01/2010 09:50 PM CDT
Any chance we can get an update on the status of the frenzied treasure hopper? I've picked dozens and dozens of boxes, and nothing worth mentioning.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/10/2010 02:19 PM CDT
>>Two private property "items" that are redeemable for two specific existing private properties were put in the feeders this month specifically as a ramp-up to this event. One has already been found in Prime. This means there's one more in Prime. Happy treasure-finding!

Just to update this... someone found and keyed the item for the second private property... but then did not claim it by the deadline. SO - this is going back into the feeders and will remain there until the next person finds & keys it!

~Kaikala
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/10/2010 03:58 PM CDT
<<Just to update this... someone found and keyed the item for the second private property... but then did not claim it by the deadline. SO - this is going back into the feeders and will remain there until the next person finds & keys it!>>

Wooohooo!

What do you mean by keyed though?

Another odd question, will that only show up in the town the property is for or it has a chance to generate from any box, anywhere?
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/10/2010 04:14 PM CDT
When you receive one of these deeds, there are certain things you have to do, in order to let us know that you plan to utilize the property. They aren't transferrable like normal items.

The property deeds can also turn up in any town, not just in the hunting areas associated with the towns they're located in.

Cheers,
Itzel

Team Plat
Forest Gnome Guru
Elven Nations Guru

Jaired says, "Stop standing in the way of the artistic picture that I am trying to paint through WORDS."
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/18/2010 02:58 AM CDT
So...

It looks like the deed item went out again... and was not claimed (apparently, it went out in a box, but the box wasn't even opened.)

This makes me cry just a little inside. What an easy thing to win, but such a waste if the boxes go ignored!

At any rate, the deed item will be dropped back into the feeders within the next few days.

~Kaikala
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/18/2010 08:25 AM CDT
I'm always amazed at hearing about people who walk away from boxes.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/18/2010 09:17 AM CDT
Haha, no tears here!
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/18/2010 09:23 AM CDT
>I'm always amazed at hearing about people who walk away from boxes.

It was probably in one of the enruned/mithril/glyphed boxes that have been sitting in my lockers for weeks.

:D
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/18/2010 02:11 PM CDT
>I'm always amazed at hearing about people who walk away from boxes.

I've been getting them picked during the frenzy (I haven't got anything though). Normally though I leave them on the ground. I used to pick them up but after yet another rogue stole one of my scarabs without so much as a "screw you" I just gave up gathering boxes. Why go through all the effort and greater chance of dying by lugging them around a hunting ground if these people are going to rob you anyway?

Olivier/Chivalrous

---Proud inventor of the causality destroying Droit ballista---
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/21/2010 11:56 PM CDT
So....

Tamuz tells it better, but this time (yes, again!) someone actually got the item from the box, didn't look at it at all for more detail, and tried to sell it to the pawnshop.

Upon realizing that the pawnshop would not buy said item, the item was dropped on the floor. And the janitor, of course, swept it up thereafter.

The janitor, being the amazingly honest and good gal she is, handed it in to our little lost and found. She was given a modest raise for her good deed.

I'll be putting the item back into the feeders in the next few days...

~Kaikala
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/22/2010 02:35 AM CDT
Well dang!

Obviously nobody wants it!

So... can I have it?

:)
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/22/2010 09:08 AM CDT
Obviously it needs to show up in one of my boxes so this doesn't happen again.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/23/2010 11:41 AM CDT
My hunting partner and I usually wind up lockering our harder boxes until we have 50-100 of them and then get them all picked in bulk as we only know one picker who can get them and she's not around very often. I didn't realize things could get taken out of unopened boxes. I'm sure there are lots of people who do this. Maybe a longer time period from when the box is found to when the deadline for claiming the property would help?
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/23/2010 12:27 PM CDT
My hunting partner and I usually wind up lockering our harder boxes until we have 50-100 of them and then get them all picked in bulk as we only know one picker who can get them and she's not around very often.

There are many people who regularly pick the hardest boxes.

Koldeen is 81 and can pick the vast majority of locks, and can wedge open most of those he can't. The only thing he can't open is very-top-end box with a scales trap, which is less than 1 in 100 of boxes coming out of the temple, which has the hardest boxes.

He's 20 levels from cap, and there's a whole lot of capped rogues running around.

My point is, there's no shortage of locksmiths who can open rift / OTF / temple boxes. If you have access to 4WI aka Mist Harbor, or are in Illistim, Koldeen can pick boxes for you. I'm guessing you're on Teras, however, since there's frequently lots of pickers around the EN.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/23/2010 03:19 PM CDT
Is there something wrong with someone holding on to a box for whatever reason that may be?

I don't see it as a fair situation if the player pops a rare find only to have it taken out of the box because they didn't get it opened fast enough.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/23/2010 04:26 PM CDT
>>I don't see it as a fair situation if the player pops a rare find only to have it taken out of the box because they didn't get it opened fast enough.

I don't see it as fair if an extremely rare thing sits in a locker for who knows how long because someone doesn't open it. It makes sense to have a time limit on this kind of thing so it doesn't sit and do nothing for who knows how long.

If you don't open your boxes (when it's been announced that there's a time limit on finding it and redeeming it, multiple times) then that's your risk that you choose to take.

- Andreas

EES Website: http://www.gsranger.net/
Foraging Galore: http://www.gsranger.net/guides/foraging/
PRO Resources: http://www.gsmeetinghalls.com/

Don't feed the troll, it only makes him worse.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/23/2010 04:31 PM CDT
Is there something wrong with someone holding on to a box for whatever reason that may be?

That's actually a very interesting question, and I'm kind of interested in hearing the answer.

I suspect that the answer is 'no', and that's the answer I would give if it were my decision.

That would be really frustrating for the GMs, however. :)

As an example, my little rogue started hoarding trapped boxes in his lockers several years ago to prepare for the LFM component ranks. He just got to rank 39 (where component reps start) this week. Some of them I picked through the traps and emptied them, but some are stored with their stuff still inside (and I have no idea what the contents are, either.) Could you imagine if the deed was inside of one of those boxes?

During the intervening years I stopped playing this guy for a long time (first because I became a GM, then later because I stopped playing altogether.) Had I not started playing again, those boxes would never have been opened.
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/23/2010 04:34 PM CDT
I also don't see it fair that a GM has to sit around waiting to work on a very special prize/item just because someone is too lazy to open up their boxes. To me it is like winning a token for alter time and then sitting on it for an extreme period of time. Use it and let the GM get back to other work without having to constantly worry about it in the back of their mind.

I do agree that we all may have different opinions on how long "in a timely manner" is/should be.

-Adam

"You guys took all the pretty places." ~Anonymous
Re: FOLKS FLOCK FOR FEEDER FRENZY, GREAT GIFTBOXES GRANTED! 05/25/2010 03:12 AM CDT
>>My hunting partner and I usually wind up lockering our harder boxes until we have 50-100 of them and then get them all picked in bulk as we only know one picker who can get them and she's not around very often. I didn't realize things could get taken out of unopened boxes. I'm sure there are lots of people who do this. Maybe a longer time period from when the box is found to when the deadline for claiming the property would help?

Just so you guys are aware -- once the items from the feeders are fed into a box, they stay in the box until you open it. They don't get taken away or moved or whatever... so you can definitely hold on to them for years if you want -- the items inside will be the same today as they are 5 years from now if you hang on to that box and don't open it.

The people who have passed this item up either had the item in hand and considered it junk and tossed it away/left it on the ground; or they left their boxes on the ground -- ie. abandoned the boxes.

Hopefully that clarifies that.

~Kaikala
Prev_page Previous 1 3