Top Mud Sites 03/29/2014 09:21 PM CDT
Hey everyone. It's been languishing too long. But our listing on TopMudSites.com has been updated. Let's see if we can get GemStone IV in the top twenty again! The direct link can be found here to vote: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-gemstone.html

You can vote every 12 hours! GO GS GO!

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/29/2014 11:21 PM CDT
Credit due for when Beau Hindeman put us on the Massively Spotlight also.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/04/29/rise-and-shiny-gemstone-iv/

-Geijon
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/30/2014 04:37 AM CDT
Something that would likely help draw back more voters would be to let pures hunt as much as weapon users do by increasing the manna regeneration rate so we don't continue to run out of manna every few monsters/minutes and have to wait 14 minutes for our manna pool to refill.

I'm currently hunting Stone Valley and can typically kill two stone giants using wither (with 2x Harness Power, 250 manna) and then spend the next 14 minutes reading a book, watching a dvd, or playing another game waiting on the 'manna full' sound effect to happen. Really gets one out of the mood to play the game, makes t.v commercial interruptions in the flow of a movie seem tame in comparison and I gave up on t.v. back in the eighties.
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/30/2014 11:14 AM CDT

>Something that would likely help draw back more voters would be to let pures hunt as much as weapon users do by increasing the manna regeneration rate so we don't continue to run out of manna every few monsters/minutes and have to wait 14 minutes for our manna pool to refill.

use wands
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/30/2014 11:29 AM CDT
Triple-train in Harness Power so you have more.

Get more ranks in Mana Control: <your Realm> so you get it back faster.

Hunt with a Bard brave (or stupid, or just good with a timer) enough to run Song of Power.

Mana in today's world is so much more friendly. The possibility to have FIVE (5) mana per level? Oh, heck yeah.
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/30/2014 01:24 PM CDT
Stone Valley is not a pure-friendly hunting ground. Not all hunting grounds are for all classes.

~Lyradie
>With a startled yelp, a young elven child suddenly tumbles from somewhere above you, landing gracelessly in a pile of refuse!
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/30/2014 02:16 PM CDT
<<I'm currently hunting Stone Valley and can typically kill two stone giants using wither (with 2x Harness Power, 250 manna) and then spend the next 14 minutes reading a book, watching a dvd, or playing another game waiting on the 'manna full' sound effect to happen.>>

As Lyradie said, you'll need to be careful with your hunting areas. Choose the hunting areas and target critters that are best suited for your strengths. At your level, you should have no problems with mana, but it's still far too early to use wither as your main attack spell. Unless you can find something that will die to wither on the first cast without fail, you'll want to find something squishy and susceptible to a lower level spell.

Gretchen

Visit the GSGuide wiki, now home to merchant shop inventory lists! http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/GSGuide_Wiki
Meeting Nilandia: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Nilandia
AIM: Lady Nilandia
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/31/2014 11:09 AM CDT
The most efficient way to stretch your mana supply is get someone else to help kill stuff!

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/31/2014 02:43 PM CDT
We officially made it into the top 20 in just under 48 hours! Awesome work! You can vote every 12 hours!

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-gemstone.html

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Top Mud Sites 03/31/2014 11:17 PM CDT
I'm amused at the sudden drive and glad to see the GS entry redone, I hope my mentioning it was part of this current drive.

And we are currently in 2nd place! Go Go Gemstone!

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: Top Mud Sites 04/05/2014 07:47 PM CDT
Hi all,

I’ve gone ahead and added the TopMudSites voting information to the VOTE verb, so that you can have an easy way in-game to access the link. Just type VOTE GS4! If we list on any other sites, we’ll add that information in there, too.

Thanks for your support!

--Zythica
Re: Top Mud Sites 04/05/2014 07:49 PM CDT
Awwwwwwwyis.

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Re: Top Mud Sites 04/06/2014 10:41 AM CDT

Is Dragonrelams doing something like the Vote verb also?
I noted GSIV is number 2, and Dragonrelams has dropped to number 11 or 12.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Top Mud Sites 04/06/2014 12:17 PM CDT
DR reminds people on their forums regularly. I should say that a player does the reminding. I wouldn't worry too much about voting for them. I don't think they're voting for us. ;)

SGM Sleken
Re: Top Mud Sites 04/13/2014 06:01 PM CDT

I don't get the IN/OUT thing on the site
Re: Top Mud Sites 04/13/2014 06:04 PM CDT

in=votes

out=clicks to link to play.net
Re: Top Mud Sites 04/13/2014 06:08 PM CDT
Thanks! I didn't get it either.

-- Robert
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/03/2014 12:23 PM CDT
We officially made it into the top 20 in just under 48 hours! Awesome work! You can vote every 12 hours!

http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-gemstone.html

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions

Bump...

The voting has been reset. We are currently sitting at #4.

We are 11 behind #3.

The sites chasing us are only a handful of votes behind us.

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/03/2014 03:00 PM CDT
Our spies...I mean curious testers...nope, our spies and research indicates Gemstone IV is far more advanced and outside of Aardwolf is the most populated of the competition. Plus, rep your own. Get out the vote.

We're had a TON of success with the OUT vote. Those are the tallies for people clicking the site to see what Gemstone IV is about.

-Geijon
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/04/2014 09:34 AM CDT
To take 1st, we'd definitely need more participation. I think we have the numbers, we just need the support.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/09/2014 12:37 PM CDT
Crap I keep forgetting about this.

Let me tell you a story. My work requires me to log in and log out each day. No one actually cares what hours I work, just a website cares. Well I was scripting lynx, but they added senseless JavaScript to the page so lynx didn't cut it anymore. Behold I discovered xdotool and now I script Mozilla Firefox on my work PC. It would be a cinch to set up my work PC to pop over to this webpage like clockwork 2 times a day and "click" a button. Hey it already does that twice a day on weekdays.

Yes yes yes, my other script already HAS a randomizer for the time and a multiple attempt effort for any LAN issues.

Not sure that'd be all officially supported but, I'll go write it soon and toss the script somewhere. You'd need to be in Linux to make it work. In principle it can work in Mac OS, but even my colleague was too lazy to try installing firefox from sourcecode from macports or fink to see. And no clue at all about Cygwin, not my cup of tea.

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/09/2014 12:40 PM CDT
oOo lynx works fine on this page. That means I can go back to my tried and true method which certainly works on Mac OS and Linux and is much much more promising in Windoze.

Do we have a problem with the idea that being the top MUD means we have the best scripters? We are pretty good at that, you know...

daid (player of the temporally-challenged Harvest-Moon clan)

>Out of no where, a ki-lin gallops in.
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/09/2014 03:35 PM CDT
I just added the Gemstone voting link for TopMudSites to my browser favorites right above play.net. Now whenever I go to login to the forums (which is usually in the morning and sometime in the evening) I hit the TopMudSites link first.

-- Robert
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/09/2014 04:40 PM CDT

>>I just added the Gemstone voting link for TopMudSites to my browser favorites right above play.net. Now whenever I go to login to the forums (which is usually in the morning and sometime in the evening) I hit the TopMudSites link first.

Yup, yup, thats how us non-scripters do it.

Nothing wrong with scripting though. <duck>

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/18/2014 10:31 AM CDT
I just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for their hard work at getting and keeping GS to the front page. We might not be first, but the exposure is definitely helpful.

There are a few other MUD sites that we're trying to regain access to, hopefully we'll have regained some of those as well in the coming months.

Thanks again, for your support.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Top Mud Sites 05/21/2014 08:12 AM CDT
So sad... DragonRealms has passed us :(

Peace
Zhelas

(Lord Paladin walks around Droit examining his equipment.)
Lord Paladin: How does he....How does he work?
Re: Top Mud Sites 06/05/2014 10:23 AM CDT

I think it's safe to say we've lost interest in voting. is there another site where the perpetual #1 doesn't also run the site?
Re: Top Mud Sites 06/08/2014 12:29 AM CDT
We're working on some stuff to present pretty soon.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions