Fusion Shaman? 07/29/2018 05:45 PM CDT
I'm confused about the state of fusion... is fusion shaman ever going to be back or it's a discontinued mechanic?
Re: Fusion Shaman? 07/30/2018 06:51 PM CDT
The Fusion Shaman has made appearances at EG every year since fusion items have come out. I haven't seen anything official saying he won't be at the next one as well.... The Ebon Gate topic under Paid Events would be the place to look for information about whether he'll be there again this year or not, though.

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Fusion Shaman? 07/30/2018 07:20 PM CDT
The shaman was not available at the Ebon Gate Festival held on Caligos Isle though.

As I gaze over the horizon, the wind tugs at my cloak and whispers, "Adventure" in my ear.
Re: Fusion Shaman? 07/30/2018 08:07 PM CDT
Well, they're taking requests for this year's EG in the topic I mentioned before... so that's prolly the best place to bring it up

Starchitin, the OG

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Fusion Shaman? 07/31/2018 09:27 AM CDT
But he was at Summit Academy/Sylinar's Spire both last year and this.

GMs!
- Please make sure that the "repair to degraded orbs" is available going forward (preferably as an automated service; but at least as common as GALD & Enchant unlocking);

and

- Please consider revisiting the whole "orbs degrade no matter what from when you create them" issue. I created an orb in January at the Academy, it sat in my locker until late-June/early-July... and when I plugged it (notionally "fresh" and "new") into my gear, it was already down point(s) from max.

Why should players be penalized for planning ahead ("I know I'm going to want bonusX in areaY facing creatureZ", or "I can stop using this level56 bonus and step up to a level72 bonus, in just two more levels!") when the orb is not, in fact, providing its bonus?

Can the degradation countdown please be set to trigger ONLY AFTER an orb has actually BEEN INSERTED into a Fusion item for the first time?
(My preference would be for it to only count down WHILE inserted... but I'm willing to settle for the other.)
Re: Fusion Shaman? 07/31/2018 11:14 AM CDT
The Shaman was a new and late addition to the Summit, as I recall. That was the last time we have seen him, Dec 2017.

All the new changes happened to Fusion and I am left a little confused why the MUCH less useful, but still very expensive, orbs are so difficult to come by. You cannot even plan ahead for your degrading fusion needs, because the fusion orbs are sitting in your locker degrading, too.

:(

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews
Re: Fusion Shaman? 07/31/2018 11:27 AM CDT
"You cannot even plan ahead for your degrading fusion needs, because the fusion orbs are sitting in your locker degrading, too." -- Luxelle

Please feel free to add your voice to those--by which I mean, from available evidence, "mine"--asking for that to be changed.... :)
Re: Fusion Shaman? 07/31/2018 03:08 PM CDT
>Please feel free to add your voice

That didn't count?! :(

---
;tune towncrier
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)"
Xanith: "It's flat out amazing"
Doug: "100.times ^"

TownCrier News Submission link: http://bit.ly/TownCrierNews