Gemstone IV browser lag - Mudlet alternative? 12/04/2017 02:51 PM CST
Hey folks,

I want to play Gemstone IV, but when I play in the browser, I get very bad (maybe 20 second) lag when I'm in an area with multiple players. I tried downloading the StormFront app, but when I run it, it does absolutely nothing.

Someone on another forum suggested Mudlet as an alternative. Can I run GSIV in Mudlet? If so, does anyone know the connection info I'll need?

Thank you!
Re: Gemstone IV browser lag - Mudlet alternative? 12/04/2017 04:37 PM CST

I guess I need the server address and port? Thanks!
Re: Gemstone IV browser lag - Mudlet alternative? 12/04/2017 05:07 PM CST
After downloading and installing stormfront you need to set stormfront as the launch option from play.net. Then, depending on the browser you are using, you will need to open the file that is downloaded to pass along your login information to the front end. Should be a .SAL for stormfront.

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Gemstone IV browser lag - Mudlet alternative? 12/04/2017 07:53 PM CST

Thank you! I downloaded the...game launcher? And everything is working great now!
Re: Gemstone IV browser lag - Mudlet alternative? 12/05/2017 04:30 PM CST
Glad you got everything working. Welcome to GS!

~Amanda, player of Treeva
Re: Gemstone IV browser lag - Mudlet alternative? 12/14/2017 11:09 PM CST

The default browser for GSIV is absolutely horrible. I have no idea what the designer who constructed this was thinking.
I am surprised that any new players even stick around after using that monstrosity.

Mind you, I haven't looked at it in 5 years, so it's possible that it has been redesigned over that period of time. But
if not, then it remains an abortion.