Befriend list 01/25/2017 10:48 AM CST
I have too many friends. 75 people on my befriend list isn't enough - especially with how many of my friends have one or more premium accounts. I would love to either be able to befriend an entire account (if the other account is also flagged in the same way) or to have more names on my befriend list.

Likewise, I'd also like a DEFRIEND list, or ENEMY list. There are people I don't want to interact with, and don't want interacting with me, and I don't want to have to use one of my precious 75 slots to befriend them cold.

I would pay money to allow a larger befriend list.
Re: Befriend list 01/26/2017 12:59 AM CST
I believe demeanor cold (name) works to "de-friend" sommeone.

You can also mark the character name with a color. I have people I dislike marked with flaming red.
Re: Befriend list 01/26/2017 05:46 PM CST
You have to befriend them cold, which takes up one of my precious 75 slots. Demeanor affects races or classes as a whole.

The problem with marking them bright red is that then I see their actions even more. If they're hyperactive it lights up my whole screen. :D
Re: Befriend list 01/27/2017 07:53 AM CST
I would love to be able to add more frenemies, but I assume the reason we are limited on the number of BEFRIEND slots is to limit the strain on the server. A second SHUN list wouldn't solve that issue.

Think about what happens on the server every time you interact with someone in-game using a verb with demeanor options. Suppose someone goes to hug you. First, the server checks your BEFRIEND list to see if they are on it. How does it do that? Chances are, it goes one-by-one through the BEFRIEND list, checking the names[1]: "Adam? Nope. Beth? Nope. Carl? Nope. Donna? Nope. Ezra...". If you have a 75-person BEFRIEND list, it has the potential to have to check 75 names each time the verb fires if your hugger is not on it. ("Zebediah? Nope. Well, that's everyone, I guess Allison isn't on there.")

Computers are fast these days, but they can still only do a few things at once. The server has to do this for every character in the game. Too many checks like these and lag might get out of control.

[1] I don't know the implementation details, so it might not work exactly like this. There are more efficient ways to do it!
Re: Befriend list 01/27/2017 12:47 PM CST
Just about everything goes through a series of checks from the time you input it to the output results. It's crazy to think of, GS is single threaded though.

Adding more to the list is limited to the size of the resource. We bumped it significantly to add more recently. I'll see how feasible it is to bump it more under special circumstances.

Wyrom, PM