white opals...? 12/15/2016 12:32 AM CST
Greetings all, My current task is finding white opals..is there a particular critter that tends to have these?
Thanks and good eve,
Liyte
Re: white opals...? 12/15/2016 02:35 AM CST
Not really any particular critter. Any creature you want to hunt will work, so long as

1) It drops gems in the first place
2) The gems it drops are at least sometimes comparable in value to white opals (this can be a challenge when you're at very low levels; early on, I tended to trade in my gem tasks if the gems I needed to find were too expensive relative to what I got when I hunted).

Fyonn's player
Re: white opals...? 12/15/2016 08:19 AM CST
I know that I've been getting them with fair frequency from stone trolls & giants [55 & 58, respectively].

Before that, I was getting them with fair frequency from Sheruvian initiates & monks [37 & 41, respectively].

"Fair frequency" averages out to typically 2-3 of them in a 2-4 minute hunt, depending on whether I run across creatures individually or hit groups. If I stay out longer than just getting fried, I may find more. Maybe some sapphires, maybe some pearls, suchlike.
Re: white opals...? 12/15/2016 12:25 PM CST
Minotaurs and yetis seem to drop a lot of opals (both black and white) when I hunt them.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: white opals...? 12/17/2016 07:29 PM CST
Elementals drop nothing but gems as treasure, as they don't carry boxes; not good for low level adventurers, though.