Adventure Guild quest..bandits 12/08/2016 01:07 AM CST
Greetings. I am back in the lands after a very long absence, and am trying to get my bearings again. I decided to try some bounties to help me reuaint with appropriate hunting areas, etc. I was assigned hunting bandits in the Cairnfang on the way to Solhaven, I THINK I found the right area...I went all through Troll fang, came across cockatrices and forest trolls, then found the trail to Vornais...I went there and back and no bandits...does it take awhile to find them, or am I in the wrong area?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thankee, Liyte
Re: Adventure Guild quest..bandits 12/08/2016 01:10 AM CST
You can use the LOCATION verb to tell if you're in the right area or not.

Bandits sometimes take a bit to jump out and ambush you. If you're in the right area, you might want to wait a few seconds in each room (and keep an eye out for flickerings in the shadows)

Fyonn's player
Re: Adventure Guild quest..bandits 12/08/2016 01:52 AM CST
Thankee, Fyonn. I will take your advice.
Liyte
Re: Adventure Guild quest..bandits 12/08/2016 05:20 AM CST
The Cairnfang is the part of the trail just outside Solhaven.

Remember the part of the spiel where the taskmasters talk about groups? In the case of bandits they really mean it.

While characters that set themselves up to do it can take on bandits solo, bandit tasks are really designed for groups and you'll be lucky to survive solo unless you have the right training/gear/tactics for them. Its just so much easier to survive being trussed up in a net for 15s if your partner has ewaved or trampled the bandits than if you have to lie there while they chop bits out of you.
Re: Adventure Guild quest..bandits 12/08/2016 09:16 AM CST
I do have to agree bandits are one task doing in a group is a good idea. If you can find someone around the same lvl you can add them to the bounty so both of you can benefit.
Re: Adventure Guild quest..bandits 12/09/2016 12:12 AM CST
I can do bandits solo, but I use the same tactics they do. Sort of like Mad Magazine's "Spy vs Spy" strips. :P

But yeah, they're a lot easier in a group.