Amunet 12/04/2016 12:27 PM CST
I wasn't sure where to post this, but this seemed like a good catch-all for such inquiries.

When trying to focus my thoughts to another character in a different town on the global channel, I seem to have problems with them not receiving the thoughts. When I switch to a character that is in the same town they're in, the thoughts go through... so I know they have their crystal amulet rubbed. Is this a bug or is there some sort of special training I need?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Amunet 12/04/2016 12:48 PM CST

Is the receiving character also on the global channel?
Re: Amunet 12/04/2016 12:49 PM CST
This happens to me ALL the time.

I think it is because Global is not on by default, and since it's not used much anymore, most people don't realize they need to use the *very special* syntax to enable it.

I think.

---
Rohese: "... the TownCrier (tune in if you haven’t, it’s without doubt the best thing to ever happen on LNet)
Re: Amunet 12/04/2016 02:08 PM CST
Well shoot... that stinks.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Amunet 12/04/2016 03:43 PM CST

>I think it is because Global is not on by default, and since it's not used much anymore, most people don't realize they need to use the *very special* syntax to enable it.

This.

>Is the receiving character also on the global channel?

There's no way of knowing because ESP WHO GLOBAL says they are, whether they are or not.
Re: Amunet 12/04/2016 05:42 PM CST
How DO I enable the global channel, anyway? I'd happily tune in if I could figure out how.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Amunet 12/04/2016 06:07 PM CST
>> How DO I enable the global channel, anyway? I'd happily tune in if I could figure out how.

Type ESP HELP. Then scratch your head. Then ask someone who asked someone else what the syntax is to listen to the global thought channel. They'll tell you to type:

> esp ignore global on

And you'll say... "No... I want to JOIN the channel, not ignore it!"

Type "esp ignore global on" anyway and look for the message that says:

>> You are now listening to the global channel.

If you type the same thing again it will untune you from the global channel.

-- Robert

A powerful whirlpool is suddenly overtaken by a windy vortex!
Re: Amunet 12/04/2016 06:38 PM CST

Also, if you want to change channels use ESP DEFault GLObal or ESP DEFault LOCal etc.

:D