Wizard base spell research is 8 MP, right? 07/09/2016 08:36 PM CDT

Just leveled up, went to the inn to check in and raise skills. Just turned 35 Wizard, always double trained in spell research before. To train in spell research it will cost 32 MP. All other skills the points seem normal. I thought the base skill point for spell research for wizards was 8 mental points for the first spell then 16 mental points for the second (double train) Does my character have a bug? Or was there a change to wizard spells. And of course I only have PT points now, so its asking for 64 Physical Points to train in spell research.

This is what I have now, just turned level 35
Spell Lists
Major Elemental....................| 20

Spell Lists
Minor Elemental....................| 29

Spell Lists
Wizard.............................| 25

What am I missing?
Re: Wizard base spell research is 8 MP, right? 07/09/2016 08:56 PM CDT

So you currently have 74 spells at level 35 and to train in another is costing you 64 ptp? That would be normal. Double training costs count for up to (your level+2)*2. You are level 35, you get another rank for the 0 level, and you are able to train for that interlevel which is where the +2 comes in. So 74 spells is your maximum for the double training costs and any more would cost triple the base. Base of 8, multiplied by 3, then doubled for the conversion of mtp to ptp.
Re: Wizard base spell research is 8 MP, right? 07/09/2016 11:23 PM CDT
>So 74 spells is your maximum for the double training costs and any more would cost triple the base. Base of 8, multiplied by 3, then doubled for the conversion of mtp to ptp.

Quadrupled, actually. You double the cost to train twice per level, and double it again (quadrupling) to triple train. And then double a third time for the cost in physical TPs instead of mental TPs.

So 8 * 2 (double train) * 2 (triple train) * 2 (physical points per mental point) = 64 PTP for a spell