New in these parts 03/25/2017 02:35 PM CDT
I am Valewyn, and this is my tale. You should be forewarned that this is not a tale of prophetic births, tragedy too young, or rags to riches. Manifesto this is not, nor is this an expose into my deepest thoughts or beliefs. This is simply the tale of how I came to be here, writing these pages to good, upstanding folk such as yourselves.

My birth could hardly be described as eventful. Never did I hear tell of panic or near death experience. On numerous occasions, it has been stated to be rather pedestrian. One should not make the mistake of thinking that my birth was not exciting, however, as all has some level of exhilaration. I simply mean to say that since the very beginning, my life has been very peaceful.

You see, both my parents were scholars, and by their very nature are rather subdued people. The same cannot be said of my uncle however, as he held the title of Artificer and got worked up over just about anything. My mother worked as an advisor in matters of law and instilled in me a pervasive sense of justice. That sense remains in me to this day, and is a prevalent part of my values. My father, who I idolize still, worked closely with the Master of Lore and was considered highly for his wisdom. I still remember his bedtime stories, filling my head with the stories of the Great Drakes.

Adolescence came and went, and like most I survived without bodily harm and only minor emotional scarring. I did manage to find myself getting into fisticuffs on more than an average amount, and whilst arguing with my mother about the finer points of justice my father had to step in and lend wisdom on otherwise heated situations. While I regret the words I chose to speak on those days, the lessons I will never forget: while justice may seem black and white, one must possess the wisdom to see clearly and precisely that not all things in life are so simple.

Approaching adulthood, there came a time when my studies took me down the path that only made sense. Recollecting my childhood bedtime stories and parental teachings, I found myself devoting to the last of the Drakes (as some would call him). As I see it, my purpose is to study life as it comes, seek wisdom in all, and dispense justice when it is true. So here I am, and while this introduction may be coming to a close, I do hope it can be the start of a bedtime story of my own.
Re: New in these parts 03/25/2017 07:08 PM CDT
Hello! If you see Rouste in TSC, say hi. We'll make sure you're all set up.

A quick flick of Wyrom's wrist sends a dagger into flight!
The thorny barrier surrounding you blocks Wyrom's attack!
One of the vines surrounding you lashes out at Wyrom, driving a thorn into his skin! Wyrom flinches slightly.