Getting to Know Plat 07/06/2011 07:37 PM CDT
So I figured with the trials now active, it might help to toss up a post showing some of the interesting people you can meet on your first day of a free Platinum trial, so you can feel like you recognize someone and feel comfortable approaching us and getting right down into it.

There's a player run prayer service taking place right now, so here's a few captures of who is present:

First we have two recent additions to the Platinum community!

You see Fethik Osgard the Proselyte.
He appears to be a Human from Mestanir.
He is shorter than average and appears to have come of age. He has glinting silvery indigo eyes and cream-colored, lightly freckled skin. He has mid-length, silky deep crimson hair falling loose to his shoulders with long bangs swept over one eye. He has a delicate face, an upturned nose and thin eyebrows.
He has old battle scars on his left hand.
He is wearing a crystal amulet, a smooth glass vial, a crystalline yellow rose symbol, a delicate teardrop ruby pendant, some splintered crimson wooden prayerbeads threaded along a coil of twining transparent string, a crimson silk cloak clasped with a silver-caged pale yellow rose petal, a pair of sanguine suede gloves embroidered on the backs with a single yellow rose, a copper-bound ceramic badge, a dark crimson suede rucksack, a trim sanguine suede pastoral robe, a heavily enruned gold ring, some gold-stitched sanguine suede pants, and some knee-high sanguine leather boots embroidered with yellow roses along the seams.

Fethik is a priest of Voaris, and a great addition to the community. He's an avid RPer and always eager to interact with people he meets.

You see Echelonia.
She appears to be a Human from Torre.
She is very tall and appears to be of a tender age. She has piercing steel grey eyes and tanned skin. She has very long, glossy blue-black hair worn in a single braid. She has an angular face, a straight nose and a generous mouth.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a bone spike-trimmed vultite pavis with a dull ebon finish in her left hand.
She is wearing a crystal amulet, a simple copper mask hammered into the stern visage of a falcon, a murky onyx Huntress symbol suspended from an argent mithril chain, a small stone citadel replica pendant, a bright coppery mantle clasped with a deep scarlet ruby solitaire, a tin-bound rat hide badge, an ivory leather field pack fastened with a precise double row of citadel-etched copper buttons, a quilted blue velvet gambeson edged with copper wire trim, a molded ivory leather breastplate, a bright gold ring, a silk-lined leather pouch, a golvern-bound marbled ivory scabbard, a pair of blue velvet pants piped up the sides with coppery silk, and some hardened black leather boots with narrow buckles.

Echelonia has a great story to her character unfolding on the forums, and has a background rich in the Citadel lore. She is a follower of the Huntress, and like Fethik, a welcome addition to our community.

Next up we have Jesphian:

You see Lord Jesphian the Spellweaver.
He appears to be a Faendryl Dark Elf.
He is average height and appears to be young and robust. He has distinct, faenor-flecked cobalt blue eyes and dusky skin. He has long, fine black hair swept back from the temples. He has an angular face, a classical nose and tall upswept pointed ears.
He has minor cuts and bruises on his chest, and some minor cuts and bruises on his left leg.
He has a mangled left leg.
He is holding a thin orase runestaff capped with a fist-sized blue sapphire in his right hand.
He is wearing a rune-etched copper pendant, an enameled onyx night sky pendant, an engraved blue dreamstone necklace, a high-collared long dark blue cloak, a rune-etched silver alloy brooch, a copper-bound maoral badge, a silvery grey raw silk backpack swept with coiling ebon-traced glyphs, a suit of deep ultramarine leathers fettered by columns of iron buckled straps, an ora-buttoned indigo blue shirt, a wide eahnor dragonscale-weave wrist chain contrasted in golden vaalorn, a steel-braced black leather pouch, a cylindrical dark blue leather case embroidered with five interlocking rings, a pair of soft midnight blue trousers, and a pair of polished slate blue leather boots buckled with silver.

Jesphian is a tormented soul, with a rich backstory available to read on our forums as well as a frequent contributor to our fiction second to keep an accurate and interesting portrayal of his character's depth at the ready. Whose side is he on in the building war of Lornon and Liabo? Find out!

Next up is the Chosen of Lumnis, the Keeper of Knowledge Nilandia Liserna.

You see Nilandia Liserna the Mentalist.
She appears to be a Sylvankind.
She is tall and appears to be youthful. She has keen, vivid faenor-hued eyes and smooth, creamy white skin. She has rich, copper-infused henna red hair that has a slender braid at the temple adorned with an emerald parrot feather barred with pale peridot. She has a gentle and delicate face and slightly upswept ears arcing to fine points. The planes of her cheeks and the swell of her lips echo the curvilinear forms of gently unfurling new leaves. A forest green glimaerstone inlaid with a tiny gold leaf is positioned between her eyes, which casts a sparkling gold sheen across her face.
She has a rose-twined ebony key tattoo on her neck, and an inked spiral of bronze tendrils tightly coiled upon each temple.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a cup of warm sylvan tea in her right hand.
She is wearing an orb-inset haon talisman, a layered verdant chainsil mantle falling from a shoulder-pinned chrysoprase faewood leaf, a willow green muslin carry-all fitted with a knotted hazel handle, a slim smoky emerald chainsil tunic side-pinned with bronze thanot barbs, a leather cord trellis bracelet threaded through green amber beads, some supple suede handwraps twining in overlapping layers, a mistwood beaded leather belt, a soft doeskin gem pouch fastened with a disc of petrified sephwir, and a pair of deep fern green linen pants loosely cinched with plaited willow withes.

Nilandia is a fountain of knowledge relating to the recent events and always willing to share in the proverbial wealth. She is a great character to talk to and get to know, and if you're interested in learning more of the current plot, one of several great choices.

Next up is, as Fethik calls her, the "moontouched" Sjira.

You see Sjira.
She appears to be a Sylvankind.
She is average height and appears to be mature. She has jade green and lapis blue eyes and golden brown skin. She has waist length, copper red hair that falls in wild, untouched curls and snarls. She has a delicate face, a small nose and tall upswept pointed ears. She has a series of thick ropy scars that encircle her neck.
You can hardly recognize her covered in all that soot and ash!
She has an intricate arabesque tattooed in bold lines across her face that disappears into her hair, and a tiny obsidian heart in her left nostril.
She is in good shape.
She is holding a glass of Penguin Pilsner in her right hand.
She is wearing a delicate silver-link choker decorated with a row of pink and green sapphires, a patched cloak in a riot of colors held together by spiderwebs, a carved pink dreamstone pin, a vivid chartreuse suede feed satchel embossed with stylized bear paws, a large haversack constructed of dozens of furs and hides, a web-traced burlap bag riddled with holes and filth, some badly scuffed cuirbouilli leather with twine-stitched patches, a patchy cotton tunic dyed in oddly varying shades of purple, a pair of worn fingerless brown gloves, a large gold ring, a filth-stained rat hide scabbard, a padded cobalt blue pouch, a large sack, some fringed blue velvet pantaloons, a grungy leather thigh-quiver banded with tattered rat fur, and a pair of thin-soled leather sandals barely held together with narrow bits of twine.

Sjira is always friendly, and more than willing to pester you endlessly for food the second she thinks you have some. Her endless hunger is matched only be her endless array of animals noises to mimic.

Oh, and last there's me.

You see Lord Myke Naii'Mos.
He appears to be a Giantman.
He is colossal. He has turbulent, shadowed blue eyes and sun-bronzed skin. He has short, ghostly white hair raked forward and flat against his forehead. He has a faint clouding that pales the color of one eye. He has deep, permanent scars marking his sun-bronzed skin.
His face is concealed by a fitted white glaes filter lined with linen gauze and mesh-covered vents.
He has some black runic tribal markings inked across his knuckles, and a tattooed series of black Saramar runes patterned on his chest.
He is in good shape.
He is wearing a white glaes vial set with an onyx shield, a silvered black steel visor framed in eonake, a small white shield amulet, a refined long black leather tabard, a white eonake shield sigil, a lead-bound maoral badge, an eonake-buckled black leather harness, a suit of regal white vaalorn plate bearing an ornate eonake gryphon wing pauldron, a segmented heavy white eonake arm-guard extending down to a reinforced gauntlet, a silvered black steel cuff, a carved white haon wristcuff overlaid with black silk threads, a smoke-hued marble ring, an eonake communal band, a ornate eonake tome case, some side-stitched white leather breeches, and a pair of white-saddled black leather boots affixed with eonake spurs

I'm Myke. Always happy to see a new face around town and help out where it is needed. My character is a paladin of Voln, and the head of the Landing sect of a hidden order of militant Volners who wish to stop undeath through stopping Luukosians themselves known as the Warders. I'm always willing to help out where I can, wether you need spells, healing, or anything along those lines. Maybe just attendance for a player-run event? Sure, I'm game. I have a massive stock of RP props if you want something to help get you on your feet. My AIM is PhantasmMeum and I'm available for questions you might have about plat.

I will also be hosting weekly undead hunts on thursday nights, and trying to get together a swap meet for fridays to spell up new players and let them trade their out-of-the-mangler crap clothing for shiny new duds out of older players lockers.

- Myke
Re: Getting to Know Plat 07/07/2011 12:19 AM CDT
Summer Trials already?! Ok, time to lock Caden away for a few months, and only play my nice and helpful characters. hehe. I hate when he scares off the new kids!

Caden \ adam
Re: Getting to Know Plat 07/07/2011 12:52 AM CDT
Caden isn't scary he's >creepy<!

Khlat taps a void black sinister gem bag embroidered with mystical runes of an unknown origin.

Khlat glances at you.
Re: Getting to Know Plat 07/07/2011 06:12 AM CDT
I got arrested last night for Caden's murder a few weeks back... I'd completely forgot about my part in that, even after Ephy was arrested the night before.

The world is definitely turned upside down when Caden walks free after releasing the avatar of Sheru and the goody two-shoes paladin of Ronan pays 100+k for merely defending the Landing from the lich-wannabe!

I did have two murders on my record for that arrest...not sure why! Must have been someone caught in the backlash of an AoE spell....