Taking a Missing Leg 05/15/2017 07:08 PM CDT

Not sure if anyone has ever asked about this (not even sure right folder), but is the screaming and falling something that's hard coded and can't be changed? I play my empath as sort of not being able to feel pain much, anymore. But, I can't if I take a lost leg. If this has been discussed, just point me to the right place. Would be nice to be able to flag it or something. Thanks.
Re: Taking a Missing Leg 05/15/2017 07:30 PM CDT
As a workaround, you might try kneeling before you take a rank 3 leg wound, you won't scream or fall then.

Falling arguably makes sense if you're standing, but I've always found the screaming jarring. This is not a surprise wound, and empaths who play themselves as feeling it or not are still pretty used to transferring some nasty wounds on themselves. Not to mention, you don't scream for anything but a rank 3 leg wound. Sucking chest wound, face ripped off? No problem, your chill is maintained.

I wouldn't mind seeing the scream removed entirely and the fall removed from sitting. Make a bit more sense and let people roleplay their healer how they want.

---
Cendadric says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 110 silver coins for it."
Re: Taking a Missing Leg 05/17/2017 07:04 PM CDT

Ok, thanks. I'll try kneeling. I just wish the screaming would go away. I can heal a warcamp victim, that has class 3 wounds on every part of their body, but the legs are the only thing that make me scream. It just seems odd. Maybe after a certain train? I don't know. I figure it's one of those things that can't be fixed easily.
Re: Taking a Missing Leg 05/17/2017 07:39 PM CDT
I agree with all of these comments. I like to think that Maylan is pretty immune to physical pain - both because of her years of healing experience and her years as a kiramon slave. Also she has one wooden leg. How painful could losing that REALLY be? Also WHY does she have a wooden leg? Can't she simply heal herself? Really, what is wrong with that woman.

~Land Pirate Maylan~
Re: Taking a Missing Leg 05/18/2017 07:01 AM CDT
>> Also WHY does she have a wooden leg? Can't she simply heal herself? Really, what is wrong with that woman.

Without a wooden leg... where would she store the emergency rum?

-- Robert