Healing questions 05/30/2013 05:46 PM CDT
When I'm healing, do the wounds stack on themselves? As in, if I have a minor wound on my chest and I heal a rank 2 wound on someone else's chest, does the wound on my chest become a rank 3 chest wound? And if I had a rank 1 chest wound and transferred a rank 3 wound, would it kill me?

If I have a rank 3 scar on my right arm, then transfer a rank 3 wound, then heal the rank 3 wound back to a rank 3 scar...what happens?

I hope my questions make sense. I've been too afraid to try to find out the answers the hard way :D
Re: Healing questions 05/30/2013 06:27 PM CDT
I've been empath'ing long enough that I should know the answers to these questions, so we'll see whether someone else comes to correct me....

>>When I'm healing, do the wounds stack on themselves?
Partly. It's the same as receiving the wounds in combat: two minors will create a medium, and two mediums will create a major.

>>As in, if I have a minor wound on my chest and I heal a rank 2 wound on someone else's chest, does the wound on my chest become a rank 3 chest wound?
No.

>>And if I had a rank 1 chest wound and transferred a rank 3 wound, would it kill me?
Nope! Actually, for both of these examples, it's pretty much like you didn't have the smaller wound to begin with. This might increase the bleeding rate relative to if you had a clear chest to start with.

>>If I have a rank 3 scar on my right arm, then transfer a rank 3 wound, then heal the rank 3 wound back to a rank 3 scar...what happens?
You can't transfer a severed arm onto a missing arm -- because you have no arm. You'll have to at least partially heal the rank 3 scar before you can transfer a wound onto it.

The only way you'll realistically die healing is from loss of blood -- either directly transferring more than you should, or from your own bleed out. You won't die from the act of transferring severe wounds onto yourself.
Re: Healing questions 05/30/2013 07:18 PM CDT

Ohh, ok. That last sentence made me realize that should have been my first question, but I had absolutely convinced myself that it was possible to die from overhealing wounds.
Re: Healing questions 05/31/2013 02:06 AM CDT
You can either take too much bloodloss or take so many wounds that you bleed out. Bloodloss is pretty easy, just transfer once cure yourself repeat as needed. The bleeding out thing either join CoL and staunch or just make sure you don't take too many wounds at once. And yes as was stated if you are bleeding already adding more wounds will increase the amount of bleeding even if they don't increase the severity of the wound. If your empath is centered around healing if you haven't already you may want to look into the affects of transformation lore, blessing lore, and spirit mana control.
Re: Healing questions 05/31/2013 03:01 AM CDT
<And yes as was stated if you are bleeding already adding more wounds will increase the amount of bleeding even if they don't increase the severity of the wound.>

This is the real danger if you don't get into the habit of healing your ranks 2 and 3 wounds down to rank 1 immediately.

I never realized wounds did this until I found myself in a situation where I was the only empath in town for the entire duration of a 3 hour invasion and was maintaining everything at rank 2 to save mana and time. About halfway though I typed HEALTH and became paranoid that staunching would fall when I saw that any one of my bleeders would kill me more then 4 times over in a single round (and I was the only empath in town!).

As an aside, that wasn't the EXP boon that folk have accused me of enjoying. Sure, I was fried on a node the whole time, but I also had rank 3 head and nerve scars the whole time so I was only absorbing 1 exp per pulse (meaning I earned no experience from the vast majority of the wounds I took). Because of this, I only actually gained around 180 exp in addition to whatever a single full head was worth to me at the time (instead of the many thousands I could have gained in the same period if folk had protected their heads better).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Healing questions 05/31/2013 09:27 AM CDT
Since they were feeling selfish enough to want to get raised, would they--as in "they, the entire town"--really begrudge you the couple of minutes of roundtime to heal out the head & neck scarring?

Let me re-phrase that a little.

In the words of Inigo Montoya, "Let me explain:"
>mychar I'm gonna heal my head & neck scarring so I can actually get some experience out of this invasion.
<casting goes on>
<dead twits look and see healer sitting in RT>
<dead twits complain>
'Do you guys want to get healed so you can be raised, or not?

In the words of Inigo Montoya, "There is too much. Let me sum up:"
"Screw you guys. I'm going to cast a couple of extra spells, and you can just wait through the RT, alright?"
Re: Healing questions 05/31/2013 10:18 AM CDT
<would they--as in "they, the entire town"--really begrudge you the couple of minutes of roundtime to heal out the head & neck scarring?>

Probably not, but the scars would have just been replaced before more then one pulse occurred anyway. When yer trying to keep 30+ adventurers in fighting condition during a sustained invasion all by yerself, keeping yerself scar-free just isn't gonna happen. I was keeping well enough ahead of the 3-4 clerics that were there that they couldn't keep up, but it was a constant struggle keeping the injured-but-alive set from adding to the pile of dead... and that was with refusing to take blood or minors.

Besides, my town was being invaded by krolvin scum, I had more important things on my mind then how much I was or was not learning.... like how I was going to keep MY army in good enough condition to kick their butts.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.