Shocked 01/15/2013 09:03 AM CST
Ok, so you're out solo hunting and you know there's someone else in the same area but you haven't interacted with them and don't really know them beyond seeing them around the lands here and there. You get into the middle of a particularly bad swarm, critters running in and out so much you can't keep track of which you're casting and swinging at, just search them as you see them die, keep going, and hope your mana and wands hold out long enough to collect your loot.

In the middle of all this, the other person walks in and says "will you heal me?" without even waiting for you to finish fighting the three critters in the room...

I was so shocked OOC that, after I'd killed what was there, I took their bleeders and sent them on their way. However since then I've decided that it would have been much more IC for that character to aim her next Fire Spirit at his rear end (and prolly will next time).

Now, I don't play my empath as much as I used to so I'm curious if this has happened to others and how they handled it?

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: Shocked 01/15/2013 09:46 AM CST
If they know you are a healer, I think it is IC, if slightly rude, to ask for healing during combat. In turn, your empath has the right to say yes or no. You can put conditions upon it by asking for mana before you heal them, since it takes mana from your hunt to heal down.

I don't find it to be anything beyond what it is, another adventurer asking for healing. My character's wife heals people in hunting grounds all the time as we pass by, since we know many of those who hunt at cap. Those people don't always send nor are they necessarily hunting with us at the time.

In the end , it is up to you. If you as a player find it rude, then take that tact with the character...however, casting at them shouldn't be something you'd consider. I do think people need to learn to be more polite in their requests but see RL as to how people act and you'll see why characters behave as they do.

~Galenok