Question about Impure Attuned Coraesine 02/16/2018 12:27 PM CST
Hello,

My impure Attund Coraesine from RTCF flares about once every 8 swings or so, is it meany that the impure flares less then the pure attuned? Thanks

Jason
Re: Question about Impure Attuned Coraesine 02/16/2018 12:38 PM CST
I know you aren't asking me, but I'm going to guess that's a "yes". It's probably like how fire flares and greater elemental fire flares are completely different animals. Or how trollbane weapons flare a ton more than regular fire flares. It makes sense that pure/greater coraesine flares more than impure/lesser coraesine. Or another way to say it is that it is consistent with how other lesser/greater systems seem to work.
What killed me here? 03/08/2018 10:52 AM CST

An Illoke jarl summons the wrath of his god while pointing at you!
A massive stone hand appears in the air before you!
The huge grey fist wraps around you before you can move to avoid it! The massive hand clasps you tightly in a crushing grip, and your brain seems to scream as you feel your bones snapping!

... 42 points of damage!
Impact removes the right hand in a spray of red mist!
You are stunned for 7 rounds!
... 19 points of damage!
Hard blow to your chest breaking several ribs!
Hard to breathe!
... 20 points of damage!
Hard blow to your chest breaking several ribs!
Hard to breathe!
You no longer feel so dextrous.

Rank 9 hand impact crit, two rank 7 chest impact crits. None of them are fatal. I had ~80 HP left when dead. I had just started hunting this was my very first interaction with a creature.
Re: What killed me here? 03/08/2018 11:07 AM CST
But the wound you already had at the chest location factors into this, right? It's kind of like how of you have the most major type of nerve damage you have, and you damage your nerves one more time, you die. So if you received a rank 7 critical to you chest, didn't heal the wound, and then received a second rank 7 critical on your chest, isn't there an additive effect to the resulting wound that can cause death?

A rank 7 critical is 2 ranks shy needed for a death crit (assuming crush/impact). But when you have that level 2/3 wound already (as indicated on the wound silhouette), doesn't receiving a new rank 7 critical push the wound over the death threshold? Like 2+2=dead instead of 2+2=3? If you abush something in the eye and get three rank 3 criticals in a row, doesn't the creature die even if you didn't hit rank 4 on the isolated hit?

Maybe I've always misunderstood the additive effect of future criticals on the same body part.
Re: What killed me here? 03/08/2018 11:08 AM CST
Didn't I read something at one point about stacking wounds on the same location leading to... something? (Which is probably a different something, for potentially lethal areas [arm/leg versus chest/abdomen, say].)
Re: What killed me here? 03/08/2018 11:15 AM CST
I blame Tax Season, for keeping me busy enough to take One Whole Minute longer to get my response in!
(Good job explaining it, MadMountain!)
Re: What killed me here? 03/08/2018 04:16 PM CST
>But when you have that level 2/3 wound already (as indicated on the wound silhouette), doesn't receiving a new rank 7 critical push the wound over the death threshold? Like 2+2=dead instead of 2+2=3?

2+2 = 3, 3+3 = dead, 3+3 is what happened in the OP clip.

>If you abush something in the eye and get three rank 3 criticals in a row, doesn't the creature die even if you didn't hit rank 4 on the isolated hit?

Depends on the attack type. Weapons tend to render an area incapable of being hit again once its taken a level 3 wound, so you can't stack to death with them. UAC doesn't, and can stack to death, even with jabs that have no death crits against uninjured targets. You need to stack a level 3 on a level 3 wound though, so 2+2+2 isn't enough, it needs to be 2+2=3 +3 = death