Quickstrike and warcries 02/09/2016 07:22 PM CST
Could the offensive warcries be added to quickstrike?
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/09/2016 09:23 PM CST
>Could the offensive warcries be added to quickstrike?

They aren't quite combat actions in this context -- more like spells. Besides, if you compress a sound into less time, you raise the pitch. A fast high-pitched trill wouldn't scare anybody!
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 02:33 AM CST
> A fast high-pitched trill wouldn't scare anybody!

Not true, if I saw a 7 foot steroid using giantkin scream like a little girl, I would be terrified.
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 03:46 AM CST
>They aren't quite combat actions in this context -- more like spells. Besides, if you compress a sound into less time, you raise the pitch. A fast high-pitched trill wouldn't scare anybody!

They are a warrior guild skill. More like a different class of manoever than spells.

Its actually the high pitched one thats the scary one (Carn's Cry).

Warrior guild skills have got left out of 506 changes, and I don't really see why that should have happened although its batter where I feel the loss the most.
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 05:37 PM CST
>more like spells. Besides, if you compress a sound into less time, you raise the pitch. A fast high-pitched trill wouldn't scare anybody!

Good point! can we convert the round time to resemble casting round time given that astute observation. I can imagine myself screaming while i swing a heavy metal object toward somethings head!
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 09:36 PM CST
>Warrior guild skills have got left out of 506 changes

I'm pretty sure that tackle, disarm, and several wtricks are all considered combat skills (i.e., they are, and are affected by Celerity). Berserk doesn't impose RT directly. Batter isn't a combat skill. Warcries are the only arguable one, and I find the idea of converting them to CastRT rather interesting, actually.
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 10:00 PM CST
<Warcries are the only arguable one, and I find the idea of converting them to CastRT rather interesting, actually.>

Funny, I was going to suggest that today when I saw this "-- more like spells." I do remember when they showed the formula and CS after all.

However the big question (and reason I didn't post), if it was switched from hard rt to soft rt, would you change anything else?
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 10:03 PM CST
I like the idea of Warcries using cast RT. Has there been any thought to opening Warcries to the CMAN system?
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 10:58 PM CST
>However the big question (and reason I didn't post), if it was switched from hard rt to soft rt, would you change anything else?

I don't anticipate downtweaking warcries in any way, if that's what you're asking. But don't automatically assume that it's going to switch RT types merely because I thought the idea was interesting. I haven't even fully decided if I like the idea yet, let alone brought it to the rest of the team for opinions.

>Has there been any thought to opening Warcries to the CMAN system?

No.

In that I haven't personally given it any thought, and I'm not immediately intrigued by the idea, but not to say that it couldn't ever happen if someone else on the team thought it was worth pursuing and wanted to champion it.
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 11:18 PM CST
>In that I haven't personally given it any thought, and I'm not immediately intrigued by the idea, but not to say that it couldn't ever happen if someone else on the team thought it was worth pursuing and wanted to champion it.

Fair enough. Appreciate the reply.
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/10/2016 11:50 PM CST
<I don't anticipate downtweaking warcries in any way, if that's what you're asking.>

Oh, then feel free to boost it up! :D

And even if the hard rt stays, I'd love the ability for War Cry masters to innately effect the undead (or perhaps a combo of War Cry master & Voln Master), to minimize the requirement of Griffin's Cry martial stance and open up cman points. Similar to how Disarm Masters learn to open hand disarm upon mastery.

I'd learn a cheaper non martial stance CMAN if needed (and created) that only effects vocal strength/reduce strain if needed to be able to select other martial stances.

Just some ideas.
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/11/2016 06:31 AM CST
>Has there been any thought to opening Warcries to the CMAN system?

Why pay stamina for something thats free right now?
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/11/2016 06:35 AM CST
>Batter isn't a combat skill.

Its a painfully slow one and I thought it was used against liches.
Re: Quickstrike and warcries 02/11/2016 07:51 AM CST
>Why pay stamina for something thats free right now?

I wasn't suggesting that it cost any stamina if moved to the CMAN system. The idea would be to allow Warriors the option of bypassing the archaic guild system and still have access to the ability.