1 3 Next Next_page
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/21/2016 11:09 PM CST
R>qstrike -1
...wait 2 seconds.

Could the non-performing uses of QSTRIKE be allowed during roundtime? Other verbs to set up the next attack like TARGET and AIM are usable.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/21/2016 11:27 PM CST
>Could the non-performing uses of QSTRIKE be allowed during roundtime? Other verbs to set up the next attack like TARGET and AIM are usable.

I've mentioned it a few other places, but I'm afraid not, for technical reasons.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/22/2016 05:43 AM CST
>I enjoy the new quickstrike options but I also hope the replacement for the CMAN quickstrike (if/when it is replaced) has synergy with the new quickstrike command and addresses this somewhat for squares. Open swinging my Katana in 2 seconds for 21 stamina was nice versus the 57 stamina for the same effect with the new command. However, I still unlearned the CMAN to free up CMAN points since this is a free ability and just pay the additional stamina for the added flexibility.

Smite is the key one for me. The rest is just cancelling out some previous HSN benefits and putting me back where I was with jab and grapple before the RT reduction they got. (2s off a year ago gave the same RT as 1s off now and costs much the same stamina) Smite has to be speeded up, what I'm not sure is if 1s is good enough (and then I would unlearn the CMan, or if it has to be 2s, when I'd keep it). Or keep a pet wizard to tap for 506 when I see a bunch of non-corps ahead.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/22/2016 06:49 PM CST
>Smite has to be speeded up, what I'm not sure is if 1s is good enough (and then I would unlearn the CMan, or if it has to be 2s, when I'd keep it).

Smite has a minimum duration of 5 seconds. In either case, my envisioned use case -- and the one I tested against at all levels versus non-corp undead -- was getting to tier two before using it, at which point it generally lasts long enough to kill or permanently disable the target.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/23/2016 06:41 AM CST
>Smite has a minimum duration of 5 seconds. In either case, my envisioned use case -- and the one I tested against at all levels versus non-corp undead -- was getting to tier two before using it, at which point it generally lasts long enough to kill or permanently disable the target.

Whatever tier its used at, its too much RT for too little control. You can get away with a low quality set up against wraiths or banshees, and you can use a low quality set up for RP effect in group situations, but you can't get away with it solo against the likes of swordsmen or seraceris or crusaders. Used at good position it had about a 30% chance of not being active when I took the first follow up action (and I didn't use it at decent because there weren't crit kills available for a UAC follow up at decent). Thats pretty rubbish for any setup move, but for one that provides no control, spending 4s on it against a critter that has the speed of crusaders is not on. Even once the CMan was tweaked to work with UAC, and it became viable to smite crusaders that extra 2s from smite still made the difference between being able to loot them and fading a lot of the time.

All the other speed ups that UAC got in HSN make using smite even less attractive than it was before, because the balance has been heavily tilted to bleeding them out. I might well find that I can get rid of the CMan, not because smite is viable at 3s, but because the UAC speedups from HSN make smite redundant at any speed. Why spend 10s getting to the point where I might be able to make an attack on a smitten target if I am lucky, when mstr kick critter would bleed it out instantly for a 6s RT? There's an awful lot of extra bleeding that focussed mstrike fits inside a 4s longer RT if you have the AGIDEX and train MOC.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/23/2016 08:57 AM CST
new CMAN Qstrike: passive up to 3 ranks. 0 stamina cost for 1st quickstrike with cooldown (similar to mstrike cooldown with regular qstrike stamina cost/reduced cost during cooldown based on quickstrike ranks)
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 02/02/2016 10:59 PM CST
Quickstrike now allows you to set a stamina cost limit via QUICKSTRIKE LIMIT {amount}. When set, any quickstrike action you take will be limited such that you are never charged more than {amount} stamina. This is mainly intended for Celerity/506 users, but is available to everyone.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 02/03/2016 12:33 AM CST
Neat tool. Is there a command to clear your QUICKSTRIKE LIMIT setting?

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 02/03/2016 12:39 AM CST
Also, I got this message under SPELL ACTIVE. Don't know how I got it an can't reproduce it, but maybe it means something to you:

Quickstrike Preparation ............ 0:0-6:0-16

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 02/03/2016 12:43 AM CST
Nevermind? I guess that's a symptom of all the weird stuff going on in game tonight.

Droit

Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 02/03/2016 12:58 AM CST
>Neat tool. Is there a command to clear your QUICKSTRIKE LIMIT setting?

You can either set it to some absurdly high number, or use a negative number to explicitly clear it. Maybe I'll go back and add QUICKSTRIKE LIMIT CLEAR now that you point it out, though.

>Quickstrike Preparation ............ 0:0-6:0-16

That, I have no clue, nor do I even see how it could be produced. (It also is unrelated to anything I updated tonight). If it persists and you're certain it isn't Lich related, put in a bug report and/or post again.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 02/03/2016 01:23 AM CST
It seems like there are some very fundamental systems that are broken right now. Stuns aren't ending, nor are Celerity and Tonis. Bodies can't be raised. Disks don't follow their characters. Lots of stuff is messed up.

Droit

1 3 Next Next_page