Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/15/2016 11:38 PM CST
1213 is not working with Quickstrike. This seems to be a bug?
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 12:22 AM CST
>I love the first day of releases :)

Eh. I'm not terribly happy that several bugs slipped through. I usually try to stick to a higher standard than that.

>Any possibility of using the non direct attack command (so like "qst 1 or -2" or whatever versus "qst 1 ambush other kobold") while in hard rt as it is more of an AIM or TARGET type preparation command before the actual cman, fire, mstrike, hurl, etc?

Unfortunately, there's actually a technical reason that makes this "hard" to accomplish (read: not going to happen without some backend changes). Sorry.

>1213 is not working with Quickstrike. This seems to be a bug?

Yup. A bug, in fact, for the past few years for every stamina-draining activity that routed through that particular utility. Fixed now.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 05:34 AM CST
Am I right in thinking that UAC actions have speed 0 for qstrike stamina cost when barehanded/gloves, the weapon speed if used with a UAC compatible weapon in hand, and 0 if used with anything else (other weapons, shields, acantha leaf) in hand?
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 07:48 AM CST
Played around with this quickly on my paladin. I'll leave the warmage until a bit later since it's promising to be more complicated to understand in that case.

I'm a little confused about making THW cost 1.5x. I'm sure the rationale is "they hit harder" to which my reply is "yes and they already take longer to swing". I guess at the end of the day another formulation could have been made that treated one-handed and two-handed weapons both as 1.0x scaling but was a much more complicated formulation to get the same results which were target numbers staff were after.

For those wondering, my flail costs 20 stamina per second (7 second base RT). Thus 7*1.5=10.5 which is truncated to 10.

While an interesting ability, which will have me at least looking at my investment in Surge of Strength over the weekend (my paladins currently only expenditure of stamina most the time), it doesn't seem likely to be used very often. From what I can see, it is best with mstrike, since the RT reduction is the same whether I used KILL or MSTRIKE on my quick testing of it. So perhaps I will consider getting more MOC ranks for my paladin with his existing FIXSKILL, I'm unsure.

For instance, MSTRIKE for two targets takes me normally 7 seconds with my AGI/DEX. Reducing it by 2 seconds for 40 stamina is essentially like a 100% free swing. Between Rejuvenation (1607) and an ensorcelled weapon, perhaps I can get back enough stamina to make this more than something used two or three times per hunt.

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 09:43 AM CST
How does Quickstrike interact with Stamina Second Wind? Does it give unlimited 1 second attacks for 30 seconds? I don't have Second Wind so I can't test it but wouldn't this be like the Square's version of Celerity?
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 10:58 AM CST
Coup not getting reduced RT or was my stamina too low to begin with?

J>quick 1 cman coup
You are beginning to feel a little fatigued.
[Roll result: 120 (open d100: 24) Bonus: 10]
You lunge towards the dwarven robber, intending to finish him off!
You make a vicious slash with your razor-edged knuckleblade at his abdomen!
Entrails are flung across the area as the dwarven robber's stomach leaks out onto the ground!

[You have 4 kills remaining.]
The dwarven robber falls to the ground and dies.
A faint silvery glow fades from around a dwarven robber.
A dwarven robber seems a bit less imposing.
Rolfard's complexion grows murkier.

The heady flush of your spectacular kill makes you feel invigorated!
Roundtime: 8 sec.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 11:01 AM CST
quickstrike -1 with a dagger costs less stamina than quickstrike -1 jab.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 12:57 PM CST
I think this is a great idea and has potential to really add some diversity to combat. However, I'm not sure I agree with the stamina costs just yet. It was mentioned that there could be a replacement for CMAN quickstrike and perhaps something that is evoked like surge of strength that directly reducing the stamina costs for quickstrike similar to Celerity or simply allows a free -1 or -2 RT before stamina costs start to be assessed. could work. Also, does TWC also get a 1.5x stamina cost like THW and Polearms? Might be an oversight if not.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 02:59 PM CST
Does quickstrike impose any penalties to UAC like Haste used to? If the answer is no, how about with Celerity running?

Why are vaespilons always smiling? Because they know what's about to happen next...
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 06:52 PM CST
>Am I right in thinking that UAC actions have speed 0 for qstrike stamina cost when barehanded/gloves, the weapon speed if used with a UAC compatible weapon in hand, and 0 if used with anything else (other weapons, shields, acantha leaf) in hand?

No, UCS attacks have speed 2 for jab, 3 for punch and grapple, and 4 for kick and smite. Held equipment has no effect.

>I'm a little confused about making THW cost 1.5x. I'm sure the rationale is "they hit harder" to which my reply is "yes and they already take longer to swing". I guess at the end of the day another formulation could have been made that treated one-handed and two-handed weapons both as 1.0x scaling but was a much more complicated formulation to get the same results which were target numbers staff were after.

You have it surrounded. We had certain target numbers and this was the most convenient formulation to get to that point.

>How does Quickstrike interact with Stamina Second Wind?

It doesn't.

>Coup not getting reduced RT or was my stamina too low to begin with?

Coup is valid for quickstrikes. You didn't post your stamina, but given the "fatigued" message I see, you were probably low.

>Does quickstrike impose any penalties to UAC like Haste used to? If the answer is no, how about with Celerity running?

Quickstrike, no. Celerity, maybe. I hadn't actually considered it yet. I'm leaning no, but am not yet certain.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 07:12 PM CST
How much sleep has everyone who has been working on this gotten over the past 24 hours?

Sorry guys and gals but I think I have identified an issue with the Duskruin 5-bolt crossbows. It seems when there are bolts already loaded QUICKSTRIKE in any form does not affect the COCK round time which stays at a flat 2 seconds, kneeling or standing, for my build. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing! But I would like the option to drop the COCK round time down to 1 second using QUICKSTRIKE 1 COCK for the few stamina points it costs when using such an awesome weapon!

My testing shows that this does not occur on plain-Jane heavy crossbows or Fusion light crossbows.

Sorry to make more work!

Chad, player of a few
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 07:32 PM CST
>Sorry guys and gals but I think I have identified an issue with the Duskruin 5-bolt crossbows.

That's an item script issue. BUGITEM it (doing so basically copies the item for staff reference), and it'll be routed to the script owner.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 07:35 PM CST
Yes, sir!

Chad, player of a few
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/16/2016 10:47 PM CST

Forgive me if this was already answered. But when I hide, and am waiting for my hide RT... I cannot set my quickstrike button for the next combat action, until the RT is ended? Any chance this can be made to allow us to set up our next quickstrike combat action while waiting for hide rt?

Aurach
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 05:05 AM CST
>No, UCS attacks have speed 2 for jab, 3 for punch and grapple, and 4 for kick and smite. Held equipment has no effect.

I'm seeing speed 3 for mstrike regardless of the actual attacks used (including an all jab mstrike). Is this what it should be?

Stamina costs seem quite a lot more expensive (about double) than they used to be when I was using the CMan. Intended?
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 08:11 AM CST

Could uac be suffering a twc penalty?
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 10:22 AM CST
Is there a place that list all of the weapon speeds? You listed a few examples like a long bow is 4 how do we get that number?
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 10:44 AM CST
Speeds can be found on GSwiki or play.net Just look at the details by weapon type.

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Weapon
http://www.play.net/gs4/info/armory/weapons.asp

AIM: GS4Menos

>Like men we'll face the murderous, cowardly pack,
>Pressed to the wall, dying, but fighting back!
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 10:45 AM CST
https://www.play.net/gs4/info/armory/weapons.asp

That should work if you click weapon by weapon.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 10:47 AM CST
Boo Menos. BOO
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 11:06 AM CST
"- Longbows are speed 4 (*2.5 = 10) and have the following quickstrike stamina costs: 20 (-1RT), 40 (-2RT), 60 (-3RT), 80 (-4RT)"

Both play.net and gswiki list a longbow at 7.

This is where im confused.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 02:20 PM CST
Besides being unbelievably mathematically contrived, melee 'haste' is now available to every class for a price. Will I miss hide 1 sec kill 1 sec repeat from a wizard in the party or magical trinket? WITHOUT A QUESTION! Am I free to pull off that trick on my own once a hunt? YES and maybe even twice, which means I lose a party benefit for a much smaller self benefit. The outcome? PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 04:31 PM CST
>I'm seeing speed 3 for mstrike regardless of the actual attacks used (including an all jab mstrike). Is this what it should be?

MStrike RT and speed calculations are (still) really wonky in my opinion. Quickstrike itself is behaving properly for what comes out of MStrike.

>Stamina costs seem quite a lot more expensive (about double) than they used to be when I was using the CMan. Intended?

You weren't doing an mstrike with the cman. Or getting any control over the amount of RT reduction, or using it with anything other than a scant handful of unaimed attacks. The costs for doing all that are naturally higher. The CMan still exists for now if you want the lesser-stamina old behavior.

>Both play.net and gswiki list a longbow at 7.

Yeah, the listed speed calculations for ranged versus what the quickstrike calculations pull and use seem to differ. It's on my list to investigate.

>Besides being unbelievably mathematically contrived

I think that's somewhat of an overstatement. It's new and different and therefore scary, but it's significantly less complicated than any number of formulas that players use on a regular basis. Once things settle into a routine, most players don't think of the formulas at all, and merely ask somebody else what they need to accomplish a specific result.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 04:39 PM CST
In case it's helpful, I added a page to the wiki with a big ol' table of weapon speeds, here:

https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Weapon_speeds

(feel free to edit that page if you [royal you] think of an improvement)

I also added some css for alternating row colors and a hover color on tables, you just have to add the class alternating or hover to your table (you can use one, the other, or both), like this:

{| class="wikitable sortable alternating hover"
...your table rows...
|}

Ixix
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/17/2016 10:25 PM CST
That table lists spear as 5 and trident as 6.

However, trident and spear are the same speed. Namely, they are both 5 seconds when GRIPed with one hand. They are both 6 seconds when GRIPed with two hands.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/18/2016 07:21 AM CST
>You weren't doing an mstrike with the cman. Or getting any control over the amount of RT reduction, or using it with anything other than a scant handful of unaimed attacks. The costs for doing all that are naturally higher. The CMan still exists for now if you want the lesser-stamina old behavior.

There's no point keeping the CMan for anyone that had 1 or 2 ranks, but anyone with more ranks will find themselves considerably worse off without it.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/18/2016 08:58 AM CST
I enjoy the new quickstrike options but I also hope the replacement for the CMAN quickstrike (if/when it is replaced) has synergy with the new quickstrike command and addresses this somewhat for squares. Open swinging my Katana in 2 seconds for 21 stamina was nice versus the 57 stamina for the same effect with the new command. However, I still unlearned the CMAN to free up CMAN points since this is a free ability and just pay the additional stamina for the added flexibility.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/18/2016 09:12 AM CST
As far as I can tell spears will always be at speed 5 for QUICKSTRIKE, and tridents will either be 5 or 6, depending on your GRIP. I've updated the table to reflect that. Thanks for pointing that out!

Ixix
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/18/2016 09:47 AM CST
Please confirm shield equipment speed table:

Shield SizeMultiplierEquipment Speed
small12
medium24
large36
tower48

?

Thanks
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/18/2016 10:13 AM CST
>Please confirm shield equipment speed table:

Correct.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/18/2016 11:36 AM CST

>Correct.

awesome, I can multiply by 2. Take that, Mark!
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/18/2016 11:56 AM CST
>awesome, I can multiply by 2. Take that, Mark!

Pretty soon you'll be able to walk whilst chewing your bubble gum :D

Check out who's dying any time! https://twitter.com/GSIVDeathLog

>Daid: Pretty sure you have a whole big bucket as your penny jar. You never have only two cents. :p
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/18/2016 08:40 PM CST
Just came across this weird QS bug.

>stam
Maximum Stamina Points: 175
Remaining Stamina Points: 139

Stamina gained per pulse: 70

>quickstrike 2
You prepare yourself to strike quickly on your next combat action.
[You will attempt to perform your next combat action in no more than 2 seconds.]

>ja
>
You attempt to jab an ice troll!
Your attack is hindered by holding a red and gold leather-wrapped dirk!
You have decent positioning against an ice troll.
UAF: 585 vs UDF: 295 = 1.983 * MM: -18 + d100: 56 = 21
A clean miss!
Roundtime: 2 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.
>
>stam
Maximum Stamina Points: 175
Remaining Stamina Points: 7

Stamina gained per pulse: 70

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/19/2016 09:24 AM CST
So for anyone that cares after some testing , and assuming the qstrike forumal truncates.

Short bows have a speed of 3
Composite bows have a speed of 5
Long bows have a speed of 4
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/19/2016 10:19 AM CST

>So for anyone that cares after some testing

In case you missed the chart: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Weapon_speeds
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/19/2016 11:45 AM CST

just curious, why are longbows faster than composite bows?
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/19/2016 12:09 PM CST
I saw the chart when he first posted it, and it was incorrect. Clearly its fixed now.
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/19/2016 12:33 PM CST
Yeah - I checked those values for bows and as far as I can tell you are correct, and I updated the table. I copied the values for the table from the various weapon pages on the main site that were linked, and I've had to check and update a few of those values as people have spotted issues. I didn't catch that the site lists the 'ranged weapon speed' which is not exactly the same thing.

I do not know why the composite bow seems to have a slower speed than a long bow. I will bring it up with the rest of the team.

Ixix
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/19/2016 03:24 PM CST
Different attack, same bug:

>stam
Maximum Stamina Points: 163
Remaining Stamina Points: 163
>quickstrike 3
You prepare yourself to strike quickly on your next combat action.
[You will attempt to perform your next combat action in no more than 3 seconds.]
>punch
You attempt to punch a cold guardian!
You have decent positioning against a cold guardian.
UAF: 585 vs UDF: 200 = 2.000 (capped) * MM: 5 + d100: 60 = 70
A close miss!
Roundtime: 3 sec.
Roundtime changed to 1 second.
>stam
Maximum Stamina Points: 163
Remaining Stamina Points: 7

Seems to be UAC specific. Happened with kick and jab as well, but I couldn't replicate it with a dagger, katar, fist, or bow.

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: New Combat Ability: Quickstrike 01/19/2016 08:43 PM CST
>Seems to be UAC specific. Happened with kick and jab as well, but I couldn't replicate it with a dagger, katar, fist, or bow.

Thanks, fixed.