HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/05/2015 06:51 PM CDT
Do you want to swing your lance harder and for a longer period of time? Do you find yourself lacking the stamina that you need to perform with your broadsword? New and improved STAMINA is just what you need to make those special moves really special!

With two (2) new active abilities, STAMINA BURST and STAMINA SECOND WIND, you can find the energy that you require to fight at your maximum potential.

STAMINA BURST unlocks at 100 ranks of Physical Training, and grants you +15% stamina regeneration for 3 pulses, followed by a -15% penalty for 3 pulses. STAMINA SECOND WIND unlocks at 150 ranks of PT, lasts for 30 seconds, and while it is in effect grants you up to +30 on your offensive CMAN rolls. Offensive CMAN skills and their profession guild equivalents will cost 0 stamina while you're under the effects of STAMINA SECOND WIND as well.

The fine print: SECOND WIND has a 1 hour cooldown.

Ixix
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/05/2015 07:05 PM CDT
As my main is a sorcerer, I dont have any stake in this.

But this seems really nice. Just saying. Although, second wind's cool down seems a bit much to me (i would say something like 10-15 minutes would be good, but ehh).

Player of Malisai

Winterberry goes in both hands.

~ X., Free the Fifth

Yanso says, "Everyone offer thanks to the healthy looking lass and the most famous sorcerer or all time for finding these magical flowers."
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/05/2015 10:22 PM CDT
These are fantastic!

Any er plots to add some bonuses for going over in ranks in PF? Like at 200 ranks of PF, lowering the Burst 'cooldown' penalty period to 2 pulses, then 1 pulse at 30? And a +5% bonus for 200 ranks, and another for 300, culminating in a +25% bonus to regeneration at 300 ranks for 3 pulses?

..then scaling bonuses for Second Wind, say scaling up to 60 seconds at 300 ranks of PF, with some more scaling bonuses to CML up to maybe +60? +30 CML is pretty good, but I still encounter some of those well post-cap dudes even that +30 isn't going to do much against if they're the equivalent of level 111 (though I may be underestimating the +30 without actually having used it yet, since 0 stamina cost + haste = keep trying 'til you get it sort of sitch).

-james, bristenn's player

You think to yourself, "FFF-"
A giant white bunny hurls a powerful lightning bolt at you!
You evade the bolt by a hair!

Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/05/2015 11:33 PM CDT
I havent had a chance to play around with these yet but they sound great and I can easily see uses for both. I can understand the need for a long cooldown but was surprised at 1 hour for second wind. Thank you for these!
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 08:21 AM CDT
Boost is specifically set up to not change the net amount of stamina that you regenerate - that allows it to not have a cooldown or other additional cost.

Second wind is a pretty strong ability and we're pretty sure that 1 hour is just right for the cooldown. The combination of the bonus to your roll and no stamina cost should open up some pretty potent combinations, and +30 is a pretty big bonus as well. The 'purpose' of Second Wind is to help out with (as somebody else put so well) those 'boss monster' situations (though you are of course free to use it anyway that you see fit! [except cheating. no cheating.]).

Ixix
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 10:59 AM CDT
Its not the one hour that seems long to me, but the 30s that seems short. Thats long enough when things go right, but if a critter is hard, and the die rolls in those 30s aren't good, its not going to be over in that time.
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 12:25 PM CDT
Just wanted to point out an unannounced part of the update that I really appreciate:

>stamina
Maximum Stamina Points: 163
Remaining Stamina Points: 7

Stamina gained per pulse: 44

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Speaking to you, Ceyrin says, "Because I do."
You say, "Yes. I have a condition called Annoraxia.""
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 01:23 PM CDT
Heck, I appreciate that more than the announced ones. Both for my warrior, and for Kembal, since maybe someone will see a value in stamina regeneration crystals now that they can see the actual effect in numerical terms. :)

Rishi
- Player of Kembal

Speaking to Plur, Belnia says, "You're no Kembal."

[Roll result: -2112 (open d100: 82)]
A giantman thief crouches and sweeps a leg at you, but only manages to trip himself.
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 01:34 PM CDT
I agree, also would be cool to add the spirit recovery in SPIRIT verb and the health recovery rate in HEALTH to more easily spot enhancive recovery bonuses or negatives in yellow.

I think those are the only two among all stats, skills, and recoveries not now visible through a game command and requiring a bard loresong or observation/math to detect.
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 02:49 PM CDT
And just because I can never resist an opportunity to show off:

>stamina
Maximum Stamina Points: 171
Remaining Stamina Points: 171

Stamina gained per pulse: 149

Droit

Speaking to you, Ceyrin asks, "Do you spontaneously come back to life when you die?"
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 02:54 PM CDT
Forgot to assume bear aspect!

>stamina
Maximum Stamina Points: 181
Remaining Stamina Points: 162

Stamina gained per pulse: 161

Droit

Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 03:08 PM CDT

nerf Droit!
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 03:25 PM CDT

So you must have had to lie down and assume bear aspect to get that.

Is this you?
http://gifrific.com/polar-bear-rolling-around/
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 03:32 PM CDT
No Droit-nerfing, plz.

Droit

Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/06/2015 03:34 PM CDT
>Is this you?

No, this is me:
http://imgur.com/gallery/608J22w

Droit

Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/10/2015 12:09 PM CDT
The stamina pulse seems to be broken for one of my semis and one square after these updates, as in STAMINA shows the same pulse rate regardless of standing, sitting, or lying down. It's different and working correctly for those positions for my other characters. The only difference I can think of is that these two might have used sigil of escape in an emergency and after that it seemed to be stuck at the base rate.
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/10/2015 03:09 PM CDT
Thanks - I'll see if I can reproduce that. Can you check to see if it corrects itself if you logout and back in (not immediately, but whenever it's convenient)?

Ixix
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/10/2015 05:11 PM CDT
I didn't realize there were different stamina rates depending on lying, sitting or standing. Currently my stamina verb shows the same gained per pulse in all three situations.
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/10/2015 07:11 PM CDT
I've logged in and out a few times and it still seems to be broken today for those two characters. For the others who hadn't used sigil of escape, I'm showing different stamina pulse rates in the three different positions. Thanks for checking.
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/10/2015 07:37 PM CDT
I just checked again and it seems to be fixed now. Thanks!
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/10/2015 07:42 PM CDT
Ergh. I didn't actually do anything yet. Hopefully that's the end of it, but if not, drop a BUG into the system, please!

Ixix
Re: HSN: STAMINA Updates Released 07/11/2015 09:35 AM CDT
Looks good to me. Thanks for this update!