Costume Contest for YOU! 10/12/2013 06:18 PM CDT
As we're drawing closer to Halloween and Ebon Gate, I'd like to announce that GemStone IV will be hosting a costume contest for all of YOU! Yes, YOU, the players -- the ones sitting there tapping away at your keyboards making your stories happen and your numbers go up.

Who can play?

Anyone who plays GSIV in any instance!
Three winners from EACH instance will be chosen! (Yes, even you Shattered folks.)
First Place winners receive a $25 credit for the box office, and get to select one prize from our prize pool.
Second and Third place winners will each get to select one prize from the prize pool.

Prize pool:
• a custom signature verb.
• a custom logon/logoff.
• a custom swear.
• an RPA orb (max modify - single use).
• GoryWeapon script added to weapon of winner's choice with 5 custom GoryVials (fully unlocked, some restrictions apply).
• an ice ball ring (winner chooses color of ice and basic design of the ring).
• an unlocked and customized set of mechanical goggles (Tier 2).
• a full set of unlocked and customized 'Adventure' clothing.

So how do you join in? Here's how!

How to Win:
• Design a costume, dress up, and snap a photo!
• With each entry, you MUST be holding a sign in your photo that contains your character's name and EG 2013.
• Entry photos MUST be emailed to GS4-Platinum@play.net by November 1st, 2013 with a subject title of "GS Costume Contest - YOUR CHARACTER NAME" (For example: GS Costume Contest - Wyrom)
• Please include your account name and instance in the email.
• Please keep in mind that entries will be made public. With that said, that means that no costume may contain nudity or in other ways violate the TOS or our game rating.

Entries that lack any of these steps or appear to be fakes will be disqualified.

Scrimge - FGM
Promotions
Re: Costume Contest for YOU! 10/13/2013 06:53 PM CDT
Are the costumes required to be Gemstone themed?

~ Inurtia Ayana Faendryl
Re: Costume Contest for YOU! 10/14/2013 10:08 AM CDT
Nope! Just make sure to hold something that has your character name in the shot.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Reminder: Costume Contest Deadline! 10/31/2013 02:26 AM CDT
This is a reminder that November 1st is the last day you can submit entries for the costume contest, and it is almost here!

My original post can be found here: http://forums.play.net/forums/GemStone%20IV/GemStone%20Promotions/GemStone%20IV%20Contests/view/60

Scrimge - FGM
Promotions
Re: Reminder: Costume Contest Deadline! 11/02/2013 02:11 PM CDT

How soon do we get to hear back on this!
Re: Reminder: Costume Contest Deadline! 11/02/2013 02:50 PM CDT
Hopefully sooner rather than later!

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Reminder: Costume Contest Deadline! 11/02/2013 02:50 PM CDT
Real soon now, even!

___
GemStone IV will be up shortly!
Sorry guys, my bad :(
Costume Contest Winners! 11/11/2013 07:54 PM CST
Congratulations to our Costume Contest winners, and thank you to everyone who participated.

Prime:
1st Place: Inurtia
2nd Place: Mirelen
3rd Place: Erstef

Plat:
1st Place: Myke

Scrimge - FGM
Promotions
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/11/2013 08:33 PM CST
Congrats to the winners, and all who entered! You all made the rest of us look like schmucks for not joining in the fun. Next time, for sure! :)

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/11/2013 10:17 PM CST

I want all 3 prizes!
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/12/2013 09:41 AM CST
You should have submitted three entries! :p

-- Robert
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/12/2013 06:12 PM CST

Do we get to see the winners costumes? or are they under lock an key.
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/12/2013 06:22 PM CST
<Valid entries for the Ebon Gate 2013 Costume Contest have been posted on the Gemstone IV facebook page for your vote ~ Scrimge

~~GM Kynlee~~
Private Property Guru
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/13/2013 01:27 AM CST
As there were only two losers - uhhh - I mean fourth and fifth place in prime :D - any chance of a consolation prize. Go on. You know you want to!

I am glad that I entered although the contest did cruelly exposed how few Facebook Friends I actually have - hehe. I am just a veritable hermit in the social networking world! Its almost enough to make me give up ale! * gasp * (I did say almost) [Thanks to those who took the time to vote. I'm sure those thanks are echoed by the other participants. And also thanks for the semi-numerous comments .... I will not repeat my responses to 'constructive criticism' about the size of my scythe :D

This was the first time I have EVER dressed up for Halloween and the first time I have ever donned fancy dress since my second grade teacher made me dress as sheep number 2 in my school's nativity play. In retrospect, perhaps hiring a retinue professional photographers to take the stills was slight overkill!

I loved Mirelen's fairy outfit. You should check it out if you haven't seen it.

Major Congrats to those who won or placed.

Wyrom, I actually do hope you run this again next year and I hope more folk enter. I may even enter again if I can find that old sheep costume. smirk

...anyway, about those fourth and fifth consolation prizes.... ;)

-
Bremerial - Proud Citizen of Kharam-Dzu

View 47 warrrior interviews from 2009 to 2012 - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

AIM: warriorbremerial
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/13/2013 10:40 AM CST

The concept behind the contest was great, and fun?

The execution? Horrible. It was a Facebook popularity contest, and (big shocker) the winner had friends sharing the page and telling their friends to go and like their picture. If the intent was to promote Gemstone, I think it should be advertised ahead of time, next time. If not, then there's no reason to turn a fun game into shameless attention whoring.

Next year, let's maybe just have the staff judge it, and if need be include more guidelines on costuming to help the judges accomplish that fairly.
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/13/2013 04:12 PM CST
>>Do we get to see the winners costumes? or are they under lock an key.

They are all on Facebook. Feel free to head over and check them out.

>>As there were only two losers - uhhh - I mean fourth and fifth place in prime :D - any chance of a consolation prize. Go on. You know you want to!

We'll mull this over.

>>The execution? Horrible. It was a Facebook popularity contest, and (big shocker) the winner had friends sharing the page and telling their friends to go and like their picture. If the intent was to promote Gemstone, I think it should be advertised ahead of time, next time. If not, then there's no reason to turn a fun game into shameless attention whoring.

But it was a popularity contest. It got our Facebook reach out there. We actually saw an increase in people liking the actual Facebook page, which gets our name out to a few new people.

DR used imgur, and a third-party poll site, which was more anonymous. But the use of social media was what we wanted to do, to make more people aware of our page.

~Wyrom, SGM
Premium
Platinum
Promotions
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/14/2013 02:22 AM CST
>>...anyway, about those fourth and fifth consolation prizes.... ;)

So, surprise!

We discussed this and agreed that we liked this idea, especially since turn out wasn't quite (or at all) as high as we expected. We'd love to reward you for participating.

So, you and Japhrimel both get to pick a consolation prize! We'll be in touch via e-mail to discuss your choice, but you can select from the following:

• an RPA orb (max modify - single use).
• GoryWeapon script added to weapon of winner's choice. (But no vials or customizing).
• an ice ball ring (winner chooses color of ice and basic design of the ring).
• an unlocked and customized set of mechanical goggles (Tier 2).

These choices don't require a trip to QC like some of the others.

We'll be in touch!

Scrimge - FGM
Promotions
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/14/2013 09:45 AM CST
QQ
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/14/2013 12:29 PM CST
Bremerial raises a stein of ale, and frowns as a drop runs down the length of the stein and splashes onto the floor.
Bremerial stares at the ale stain and shrugs
Bremerial says resignedly "One drop won't matter. What the heck. Good news cancels out the loss of a drop of ale"
Bremerial hums happily.

:)

-

View 47 warrrior interviews from 2009 to 2012 - http://www.assessrisk.com/personal/gs4_30.htm

Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/14/2013 12:57 PM CST
Bremerial raises a stein of ale, and frowns as a drop runs down the length of the stein and splashes onto the floor.

It was bad enough that you went around sporting elven armor for awhile but now this?

Next thing you'll be shaving off your beard and drinking pineapple juice with the gnomes...

-- Robert
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/15/2013 12:13 AM CST
Hush
:D

Not sure which is the biggest insult - reference to the beard, elven armor or pineapple juice!

-

Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/16/2013 02:24 PM CST
<Bremerial raises a stein of ale, and frowns as a drop runs down the length of the stein and splashes onto the floor.

You know, some might say you were just sharing with fallen comrades. ;)

~~GM Kynlee~~
Private Property Guru
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/16/2013 07:58 PM CST
Wow, awesome. Thanks!
Re: Costume Contest Winners! 11/19/2013 01:06 PM CST
<Bremerial raises a stein of ale, and frowns as a drop runs down the length of the stein and splashes onto the floor.
<You know, some might say you were just sharing with fallen comrades. ;)

<~~GM Kynlee~~
<Private Property Guru

I like that idea!
Unless the reason those comrades have fallen is because they tried to steal my ale in the first place! :D

-