Shop Updates 06/12/2017 10:49 AM CDT
Hi
There are a couple of things I'd like to address and outline as we move along with the current phase of playershops. These are changes that will impact the next few phases and I want to make sure everyone is informed and aware.

Account Limitations
The existing playershop system did not have the capability to limit by account. With the implementation of these updates I have started to track every playershop owner by account. All existing shop owners that have multiple shops on the same account will be grandfathered in. If you transferred ownership of a shop from yourself to a different party between 5/15/17 and when I put in the next batch of changes you will need to ASSIST to be removed from the account level tracking. Staff members will not assist you in transferring your multiple shops between your accounts or other characters on your account.

F2P
Playershops currently block anyone access who is not a citizen. Loosely, this allowed us to keep F2P accounts from owning a shop. Moving forward, I have put in a few checks for F2P accounts. If you are found as having a F2P account with a shop, you will have up to 30 days to re-subscribe or risk losing your shop. This is addressed in SHOP POLICY # 6:

6) Free to play accounts are not eligible to own a shop. If a free to play account is found to be the owner of a shop they will have up to 30 days to resubscribe. If are unable to do so your shop will be evicted.

Multi-Room Shops
Multi-room shops are intended for premium subscribers only. There have been multiple occurrences of a non-premium account holding onto a multi-room shop. This was never intended. This is addressed in SHOP POLICY # 7:

7) Multi-room shops are for premium subscribers only. If you are found having a multi-room shop and you are not a premium subscriber you will have up to 30 days to resolve the issue. You can SHOP DOWNSIZE in each side room or resubscribe to a premium membership. Failure to do so will result in an eviction.

General Policy Additions
I've added in two new general policies. All shop owners will need to agree to new shop policy when they enter their shop for the first time since the updates have been pushed in. Anytime there is a major shop policy update you will need to agree to it again before entering.

8) All shop owners must adhere and abide by the shop policies. Failure to do so will result in an immediate eviction from your shop.

9) Exploitation of any shop mechanics are considered to be a Game Mechanics Abuse which could result in loss of your shop, temporary lockout, or a permanent ban depending on the severity.

Retser, ASGM

This message was originally posted in Game Design Discussions, Player-Run Shops. To discuss the above, follow the link below.

http://forums.play.net/forums/19/213/2291/view/667