Idea for High end Bound Weapons/Armor 10/25/2017 12:54 PM CDT
Wanted to float an idea I had to help discourage weapon hoarding and increase the ability for GM's to release rare/high end items at reasonable cost.

Bound Weapons and Armor... Essentially the idea would be any item over 7x, or with a mechanical script (non-standard flares/ect) to be automatically bound to the person who
swings it/holds/wears it in combat.
10 days of having an item in your possession that fits the above criteria without being used are automatically bound to your Character(or account, not MA)

The only way to transfer said items is to buy an Temporary unbinding potion from the SimuCoin store that would unbind a weapon for 10 days, make the price point like 60-100$ worth of simucoins, and of course rebind based on criteria above.

This would both discourage hoarding of high end items, decrease it's availability since most would be unwilling to pay the additional price for xferring, as well as allowing Simu to make a cut on the PC Sales... it would also bolster the enchanting market, since those would be the only "readily" available weapons....
Re: Idea for High end Bound Weapons/Armor 10/25/2017 01:55 PM CDT
No thanks.
Re: Idea for High end Bound Weapons/Armor 10/25/2017 02:03 PM CDT
I dislike this suggestion on so many levels...

Account binding / character binding will NOT increase the number of new awesome high end items released into the game. Wyrom has stated this on multiple occasions.

I could say a lot more but I think this first point covers anything else I might say anyway.

-- Robert

Damp deeply exclaims, "It's a wizard's locked project!"
Re: Idea for High end Bound Weapons/Armor 10/25/2017 04:47 PM CDT
Not just no, but Ophion no.
Re: Idea for High end Bound Weapons/Armor 12/16/2017 11:29 AM CST
I hate the way WoW items are bind on character, it breaks immersion and leads to a stagnant, boring market, one of the most interesting things about the GemStone economy, and the Eve Online economy...

*~Omni Exeunt in Mysterium~*
Re: Idea for High end Bound Weapons/Armor 06/08/2018 11:32 AM CDT
I used my free 3 month pass to reactivate and play my necromancer solely so I could bring this thread back from the dead and say what a terrible idea this is before watching it die again.

What a tedious thing to add to a game.

-Falicor