Silent Strike for UAC 04/08/2016 09:04 PM CDT
sorry if it's been asked before, i'm new to posting to officials.

can someone help me understand if there's a game-balance reason why i can attack with silent strike with any given weapon, but i can't jab/punch/kick/grapple with silent strike?

thanks!
Re: Silent Strike for UAC 04/08/2016 09:34 PM CDT
As long as we talking about rogues, I'd say that it was probably considered but deprioritized when considering UAC as a whole (and launching the monk profession). Finros might offer some insights.

Were it me, I'd say UAC includes components of close order combat, far closer than even with daggers. Parts of the feints and draws necessary to pull a combatant out of position, create the unbalanced scnearios or provide false openings that lend to rapid close quarter combat with improved (tier) strikes pretty much require that the combatant (monk, mostly) be visible and targetable.

That said, I suspect it wouldn't be out of bounds to suggest JAB, PUNCH and KICK might be eligible under the Silent Strike category, but increasing the tier of the attack comes from striking from hiding, not from the outcome of the blow. That's problematic, I would imagine.

And I cannot envision a scenario where any other PC / NPC wouldn't be able to see the ambushing assailant if a GRAPPLE were attempted. The act of closing, grabbing and shifting includes a bit longer a time span than a simple strike might.

Those, however, are just thoughts tending towards opinion. Finros and team would have far more definitive responses.

Doug
Re: Silent Strike for UAC 04/09/2016 09:42 AM CDT
I think Finros said he would implement it but hasn't got round to it yet.
Re: Silent Strike for UAC 04/09/2016 07:03 PM CDT

ah; thank you for thoughts, opinions, and updates. i knew not where to look to find out more, but here are by and large the answers i sought.
Re: Silent Strike for UAC 05/12/2016 03:06 PM CDT

Aye, Finros mentioned he wouldn't be opposed to adding it. Maybe in the brawling folder? I don't have his exact words so don't quote me on it!

I think it would probably work similar to the other cmans that got the UAC updates. Maybe the old Qstrike?