AS of TWC and hybrid weapons when using enhancives 11/12/2015 04:38 PM CST
One of the easiest ways to boost/maximize AS is to use enhancives. However, this is more difficult for TWC as the offhand AS also relies on the TWC skill. Similarly, katars and katanas need two skills to increase AS.

TWC and hybrid weapons were originally designed to simply have a higher skill cost. With enhancives being such an important aspect of the game today, this further increases the costs of using these skills in comparison to the rest of the combat options.

I feel the cost of 2x the skills and 2x the enhancives to match other combat AS is too much and I'd like to see a change to make them more feasible. Are these penalties still consistent with game design post-enhancives?
Re: AS of TWC and hybrid weapons when using enhancives 11/12/2015 09:48 PM CST
Not sure how valid this complaint is tbh. When you have +10 ohe on your offhand you get +10 to one strike and +6 to the other, that's BETTER than what you get if you aren't using TWC.
Re: AS of TWC and hybrid weapons when using enhancives 11/13/2015 06:28 AM CST
You get more fusion slots though. Thats quite a big advantage.
Re: AS of TWC and hybrid weapons when using enhancives 11/13/2015 10:48 PM CST
>Not sure how valid this complaint is tbh. When you have +10 ohe on your offhand you get +10 to one strike and +6 to the other, that's BETTER than what you get if you aren't using TWC.

I've got a capped and decently decked out character that uses TWC. My offhand weapon is secondary and therefore has 3x less enchant. Some of the bonus to AS from my strength is lost in TWC. The difference from not having +50 to TWC in enhancives drops my offhand by over 20 AS. Together these take a toll of putting my second attack around 50 AS lower. To me that's a pretty reasonable difference and worth asking if it is intended.

>You get more fusion slots though. Thats quite a big advantage.

The extra fusion slots really are a great advantage as you say. Those (currently) two spots don't let you add +50 to TWC bonus though. At least, I haven't seen any orbs like that. Anyway, that is a big bonus for TWC, but THW still have amazing killing power and shield users have gotten plenty of extra maneuvers.

Even if you don't agree about TWC, what are your thoughts on hybrid weapons. On my way toward cap, I always looked forward to when I could get enough skill points to try two katars. Now that I have plenty of extra skill points to try, the enhancive costs are way too high to even bother.
Re: AS of TWC and hybrid weapons when using enhancives 03/03/2016 07:13 PM CST

6x fusion slots. drooool