Plat to Prime Portal 03/24/2012 01:58 PM CDT

I like this idea. Platinum is desolate. Giving them a rift whirlpool sorta gimmick into the Prime World (which we would expect to be naked, sorta like Terminator) and then let'em express happenings and goings on in the Plat medium. Invasions, alternate histories, rumors of merchants and parallels? Then make a lot of people in Prime want to port to Plat. So, it's good business for Simu and Plat gets it's population boom, which has always been the big dilemma (though cherished by ardent Platters to some degree).

This is a 'Game Balance' post because it's really about balance, isn't it?
Re: Plat to Prime Portal 03/24/2012 03:22 PM CDT
Plat wants nothing to do with prime.

-farmer
Re: Plat to Prime Portal 03/24/2012 03:55 PM CDT
It goes without saying (and yet, I am saying it), that neither farmer, nor Hippo-Grande speak for all of plat, but only for themselves.

-Taakhooshi, and Me

For the Story of Taakhooshi:
http://www.gsguide.net/index.php?title=Taakhooshi
Re: Plat to Prime Portal 03/24/2012 06:51 PM CDT
>It goes without saying (and yet, I am saying it), that neither farmer, nor Hippo-Grande speak for all of plat, but only for themselves.
Taakhooshi, and Me

Well, technically, I'm just repeating what others have told me, and I have heard?read?-something them say to others. However, you're right. I'm sure there might be some Plat players that are interested in Prime for Prime's sake.

-farmer
Re: Plat to Prime Portal 03/25/2012 10:44 AM CDT
<< Well, technically, I'm just repeating what others have told me, and I have heard?read?-something them say to others. However, you're right. I'm sure there might be some Plat players that are interested in Prime for Prime's sake. -farmer >>

Put me down in the camp that enjoys both, and there are others.

Josh
Re: Plat to Prime Portal 03/25/2012 12:11 PM CDT
I also enjoy both Plat and Prime, and obviously they need to remain fully separate.

Unless...

I've run this idea up the mast before, but the only situation in which a Plat--Prime portal should be offered is as part of a storyline invasion. Make a time-limited portal that would create a Prime clone of a Plat character with the appearance of a demon or some other monster, while retaining all the character's stats and skills. Cue carnage as a dozen or more player-controlled post-capped monsters join an ongoing invasion of the Landing. Once defeated, the clone is destroyed and the character goes back where he/she belongs.

Hee hee.

Dave, Brandain's Bard
Re: Plat to Prime Portal 04/01/2012 11:13 AM CDT

I don't think I said I speak for everybody but it does make obvious sense that the solitude and independence is an aspect enjoyed by the Plat community- there's hardly anyone there! If you hated it, there would be none.

Anyway, the whole point of the Portal idea is to connect storylines. Having played Prime for the past month or so (and rather enjoying it), see a real need for storyline and roleplaying. There's not the same kind of floor to that aspect. I do see a lot of good roleplayers and cooperation. There's a lot of fun characters and plenty of bustle, action, new friends to make- it's pretty great that way. I would love to see some cross-world stuff taking place. Plat is a separate reality and alternate but nearly identical to the Prime world. Why does it have to be isolated and not incorporated? It would make sense and provide some spark for both worlds. It could also get a lot of people interested in Plat.

But if Plat wants to be their own island, sobeit. I definitely am not returning.