Well that sucked 08/03/2018 01:18 AM CDT
New fusion slot form CCF, yay!
Wasn't around for any fusion removal services at premium festival. Sigh.
Orbs have been in their sockets for like 3 years now, but I guess that gets me nowhere nowadays. Sigh.
Guess it's time to take a chance and pry.

You take a deep breath and blow on an amber-veined long mithril naginata. A cloud of glimmering lights explodes off of the naginata, whisking away with a mournfully musical sound.
As you go to pry the gem free from its depression, you realize that it is firmly imbedded and that you risk damaging it by prying it out. You stop for a moment to ponder whether or not you want to risk damaging it.
[You are risking damage to the gem when you pry it out. If you wish to take the risk, please PRY it again within the next 30 seconds to confirm.]
You carefully pry an acorn-marked cardinal red orb out of your long mithril naginata and notice a slight cracking sound as it comes free.

You analyze your cardinal red orb and sense that the creator has provided the following information:
This is a Tier 3 fusion orb. It has been damaged 1 time.

So, yeah. Super fun experience.

What just happened? From past reading, a damaged T3 orb becomes T2. But the analyze says it's still T3.
Re: Well that sucked 08/03/2018 02:40 PM CDT
>What just happened? From past reading, a damaged T3 orb becomes T2. But the analyze says it's still T3.

Effective tier is determined by the base tier minus damage, so a T3 with one point of damage is indeed an effective T2.

Coase
Re: Well that sucked 08/03/2018 08:26 PM CDT

Thank you, Coase. So now the obvious follow-up: any chance we'll ever see a merchant to repair damaged fusion orbs?
Re: Well that sucked 08/11/2018 12:37 AM CDT

Can I take your silence as "Yes, absolutely?"

I'll pay silvers, bloodscrip, ghostbucks, tickets, simucoins... you want seashells? I'll round up some seashells. I've 20 Fiji dollars in my wallet and 10 New Zealand ones. What do they have in common? They're both blue and they're both yours. I've got a Shaquille O'Neal rookie card with your name on it. Figuratively speaking. If we're being literal it has his name on it. I will SHOVEL. YOUR. DRIVEWAY.