Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/11/2017 09:58 AM CST
So according to the wiki https://gswiki.play.net/Forging#Success_Determination_Calculation there are two rolls when making a piece/vice. The first roll determines whether the piece/vice creation was a success and the second roll determines if it was a "best" or perfect piece. According to the wiki that appears to have been updated by GM Mikos, Gift of Eonak ONLY works on the first roll. Therefore not really giving any benefit to the chance of making a best/perfect piece. Can this be updated so that it affects the 2nd roll? Pretty much ALL forgers are near max/capped with their artisan skills before trying to make pieces/vice. So having the gift on that part I feel is a waste, as our chances for that are already incredibly high. Even if we do fail at that part, it's not a big deal to try again. But to have a max 10% for vicing and no way to increase that via Gift of Eonak seems like it wasn't coded to take that into affect.
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/11/2017 01:45 PM CST
See where this exact same discussion dies out around post 676...

While we don not have any NIR confirmation on this, my personal experience has been that Gift of Eonake DOES make a difference to Vise success (either that or my dwarven warrior is AMAZING at the VISE). I typically see something around 25%-33% success rates when using the VISE under Gift of Eonake. My prior experience, without using this gift, was no where close to this.

These days I typically save up 8-10 projects ready to be assembled and then do them all while Gift of Eonake is up.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/11/2017 02:25 PM CST

>>While we don not have any NIR confirmation on this, my personal experience has been that Gift of Eonake DOES make a difference to Vise success (either that or my dwarven warrior is AMAZING at the VISE). I typically see something around 25%-33% success rates when using the VISE under Gift of Eonake. My prior experience, without using this gift, was no where close to this.

Clunks experience is similar to this, better success under the gift.
But, I think it may be metal dependent. Steel is 20-30% under the gift.
For vultite, so far he is at or under the %10.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/11/2017 02:25 PM CST
I hope a GM can confirm it does help with 2nd roll. But going off of GM Mikos updated on the wiki, it does not. So hopefully we can get some clarification here. And if it doesn't, then YES, you're incredibly lucky to get that high of a percentage of success considering the math on that page states you should have 10%.... course RNG is RNG.
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/11/2017 02:26 PM CST
I only work in mithril and eonake FWIW.

-- Robert

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/11/2017 02:30 PM CST

Mikos wrote the info re Gift of Eonak.
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/12/2017 01:33 AM CST
Guys,

Thanks for posting.

Before I provided the update to the wiki, I examined the scripts on the grinder, forge, and vise. And before posting this reply I have examined them again.

It turns out that the Vise DOES provide a second Gift of Eonak roll within the Extraordinary Success determination routine, unlike the grinder and forge.

I have updated the wiki description to reflect this.

Thanks again for speaking up.

- Mikos

Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/12/2017 08:35 AM CST
That sounds great Mikos. We, or least I, really appreciate you looking over the script again to double check. So going forward it's still useful for forgers... just only on the vise. Which I believe is the step we always used it on anyways. I'll pass info along to those that I informed with previous information.
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/12/2017 12:14 PM CST
Thanks Mikos! My perfect lance is feeling closer than ever now, with that knowledge. (Though, honestly, I would have kept using the Gift just in case either way. ;) )
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/12/2017 12:32 PM CST
I never doubted. I yelled and spit and screamed that your post wasn't true, it couldn't possibly be true!
Vindication!

Wyrom says, "Ordim is the reason savants won't be coded as well."
Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/12/2017 06:15 PM CST
Thank you for reviewing and confirming this!

-- Robert

Re: Gift of Eonak & Perfects 12/13/2017 04:46 PM CST
>>I have updated the wiki description to reflect this.

>>Thanks again for speaking up.

Thankya, thankya!

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)