So irritating 05/06/2016 11:11 AM CDT
4 sessions now (2 hours time) I've ended up with flattened slabs that "just didn't turn out right".

>Things seem to be going OK, but this is more difficult than you expected. After hammering for what seems like an eternity you realize that the scribed pattern is gone, but the remaining mithril doesn't look like anything yet.
>You decide the safest thing to do now is to re-scribe the mithril slab with the glyph and try again. That's assuming the slab is still large enough to hold the pattern.
>You sigh, then return the mithril tongs to the anvil.

This is very irritating.

Mastered in my THW and being a dark elf (get a bonus to forging) I end up with this annoying minor failure 4 times in a row. Plus 1 time yesterday during my 2 hours in the forge.

The most irritating thing is not that I didn't make the weapon blade that I'm working on, it's the fact that I have to rescribe (if possible) and try to form the material again over another 28 minutes. Can something be done to allow already worked on material that doesn't come to it's final form be reduced in hammering time by maybe half? The material was already beat the death and is no longer in a slab form and closer to being the final shape you're taking it to.....

Now, being a wizard I get a significant handicap to crafting, yet out of the last 20 hilt attempts I've come out with 5 best pieces. I feel like my forging is handicapped and my crafting has a bonus with the luck I'm getting.

-Drumpel
Re: So irritating 05/07/2016 01:52 AM CDT
curious to see where this will go!

my dwarven warmage is nearly mastered 2HW at 494 ranks (crafting is mastered already). I haven't actually made a single weapon yet so...yeah there's that!
Re: So irritating 05/09/2016 02:34 PM CDT
Out of the last 10 TWH forging attempts:

5 minor failures - blade didn't take shape, rescribe and startover
4 normal finishes - blade was made, nothing special: elegant condition
1 best piece - superior condition (sweet, got one!)

Most irritating one was I was working with exactly the correct amount of material to forge the blade I was working on and it was a special metal...got a stupid minor failure with it and now the remaining metal is 'too small' to rescribe. This one pissed me off the most.

So, I'm either lucky that 1 out of the last 10 was a best piece....

Or I'm unlucky that 5 out of the last 10 were failures to forge a blade and needed to be rescribed....

-Drumpel
Re: So irritating 05/09/2016 02:40 PM CDT
Why can't you be both?

-- Robert

The town guard exclaims, "What do I look like, a scholar from Biblia?!"