Forging cycles per product? 12/20/2015 11:53 AM CST
I notice that it always seems to take 2 cycles with the tongs to forge a dagger blade (discounting minor or major fails). I assume that as the weapons get larger, they take more cycles. Is there a relationship to weight or even is it always the same number for a particular weapon?
Re: Forging cycles per product? 12/20/2015 12:11 PM CST
Different weapons take different numbers of cycles. It's always consistent for a particular weapon type. It's not entirely driven by size of the weapon (e.g. mauls are only 1 or 2 cycles, can't recall which off the top of my head). I assume because they aren't a blade so take less time to shape.

-- Robert

Bazzelwyn says, "Maul maul maul maul maul maul maul."
Bazzelwyn says, "The answer is maul."
Re: Forging cycles per product? 12/21/2015 05:46 PM CST

Old data I have for "turns" of the slab are:

2 Turns
* Dagger
*knuckle-duster
* Knuckle-Blade
* Yierka Spur

3 Turns
* Short Sword
* Troll-Claw
* Katar-balde

4 Turns
* main gauche
* handaxe
* backsword
* cutlass
* fist-scythe

5 Turns
* longsword
* falchion

You will also find that the amount of time per term changes dependent upon the metal you use, and ranges upward from 3 minutes with to the max Clunk has seen so far at 9 minutes per turn for rolaren and vultite. Veil iron has been reported to take 18 minutes per turn, while eonake has been reported at ten minutes per turn.

Forging a veil-iron falchion would take 90 minutes dedicated time in the forge, just to make the blade. Obviously, this would a job better left to a stubborn old dwarven bladesmith.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Forging cycles per product? 12/21/2015 07:13 PM CST
Thanks Clunk that's the kind of data I was looking for.

Personally, I have little interest in making more than a few blades for myself but agree us dwarfs are ideal keepers of the flame of the forge.
Re: Forging cycles per product? 12/22/2015 06:37 PM CST
>>I have little interest in making more than a few blades for myself.

As a player, I agree, and make sure I have other things to do while I engage in that activity. I get my exercise walking between the keyboard and whatever chore I'm doing around the house.

As a character, forge forge forge. Thats the right way for a dwarf to honor Eonak.

Clunk

(Buy your swords at CBD weapons in Zul Logoth.)
Re: Forging cycles per product? 01/09/2016 11:30 AM CST
Slowly adding this info to the wiki, so if anyone else has data for weapon types and the # of turns, post it up.
Re: Forging cycles per product? 01/10/2016 10:39 AM CST
>Slowly adding this info to the wiki, so if anyone else has data for weapon types and the # of turns, post it up.

Or forging time for different metals. I'll add those next.