Flipping Shaft 05/10/2015 03:02 PM CDT
Having trouble getting the FLIP verb to work. I have tried using it at all stages while fletching, and each time I get the same description for an arrow.
Is there a certain step in fletching where I have to flip the shaft? Is the a certain length that the description can be before FLIP no longer works?
Any Help is appreciated.
Re: Flipping Shaft 05/10/2015 05:05 PM CDT
Depending on the specific materials you are using (and the number of characters they take up) flipping may only change how you can interact with the item. For example, depending on how many times you flip it, a red light crossbow bolt could either be 'a RED light crossbow bolt' or 'a red LIGHT crossbow bolt'. GET RED BOLT works in the fist cast, GET LIGHT BOLT works in the second case. Since I color code my bolts based on the flare type and I want to be able to bundle them back up properly I flip them to insure that the COLOR is part of the short description of the bolt.

I really haven't found the available information regarding FLIP to be completely clear and useful so my best recommendation would be to make the same bolt four times (0 flips, 1 flip, 2 flips, and 3 flips) and then see which part of the description you can interact with (e.g. TAP) for each of the bolt versions.

Here is an example for a heavy crossbow bolt I made using faewood and dark butternut paint. In this case, the description did change each time but note the emphasis on which word I could use to interact with the bolt.

Flips

0-shaft color, projectile style, material (a HEAVY crossbow bolt)
1-shaft color, material, projectile style (a FAEWOOD heavy bolt)
2-material, projectile style, color (a faewood HEAVY crossbow bolt)
3-material, color, projectile style (a faewood DARK butternut bolt)

-- Robert

"Wyrom isn't interacting with me, I think he is AFK scripting."
Re: Flipping Shaft 05/10/2015 05:55 PM CDT
To add to that, for arrows (rather than crossbow bolts), since there is no "projectile style", as far as I can tell the products all have the same description but have slightly different 15/15/15 word splits.

0-a dark russet faewood ARROW -- no style, it's only referred to as 'arrow' in commands. If you add so much fletching material that it overloads the long description size then it'll just look like 'an arrow' with a show description.
1-a dark russet FAEWOOD ARROW -- can refer to as 'faewood arrow'. If you overload the long description then the color disappears and it becomes 'a faewood arrow' with a show.
2-a DARK russet faewood ARROW -- can refer to as 'dark arrow'. If you overload the long description, the color/material get reversed and it becomes 'a faewood DARK russet arrow' with a show.
3-a DARK russet faewood ARROW -- identical to 2 and can be bundled together.

There may be some more trickery you can do with trying to overload specific fields.