Paint & Paintstick colors 11/08/2014 11:40 AM CST
Vials of paint and paint sticks are now dyeable in the dyer's tents and using alchemy-created dye. However, they will not work with additive-treated dyes.

Also note that GameMaster Keios has added an option in the dyer's tents where you can ORDER BOTTLE to get the sample dye turned into a bottle of dye to take with you!

~Vanah
Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 11/09/2014 07:56 PM CST
If I'm understanding this right, I can buy the cheap paint at the fletcher or use a vial of paint that I already have, take it to the dyer's tent and that will change the color of the paint?

I don't know anything about dyes or additives, so .. I'm just trying to make sure I understand this.

Thank you. :-)

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 11/10/2014 11:00 AM CST
I went ahead and answered my own question.

This is a great awesome upgrade. Thank you so much. :-)

~ Bill, Coyote.
"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 11/10/2014 11:05 AM CST
<I went ahead and answered my own question.

What was the answer? I haven't played with it....yet

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 11/10/2014 11:57 AM CST
>I can buy the cheap paint at the fletcher or use a vial of paint that I already have, take it to the dyer's tent and that will change the color of the paint?

Yup. Or you can pour some alchemy-made dye (or dye converted at the dyer's tent from cobbling or the tent's samples) into the paint or the paintstick and it will change color. You can then use the newly dyed paint and paintsticks while you fletch to customize your arrow. I believe fletchings are already dyeable as long as the color isn't too many characters.

Keios was skeptical that it made sense to pour a colored dye into a colored paint and have it change colors and not mix, but I countered with "magic".

Keios also made a change where you can pour dye on a bundle of arrows and have each arrow in the bundle change color. You forgo the stripes and the fletchings if you do this, but if all you are going for is a colored arrow then you have that option as well.

~Vanah
Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 11/10/2014 11:59 AM CST
This is fantastic. Years ago I was told it was a coding issue that prevented this from being an option. I appreciate all the efforts you Dev and Coding people do. Thanks a bunch! You people ROCK!

Radeek Andoran
General, Drakes Vanguard
Defender of Wehnimer's Landing
Black Raider of the Mir'Sheq

Only the dead have seen the end of war - Plato
Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 11/10/2014 06:37 PM CST
>>This is fantastic. Years ago I was told it was a coding issue that prevented this from being an option. I appreciate all the efforts you Dev and Coding people do. Thanks a bunch! You people ROCK!

I'm not surprised. It was a minor nightmare getting it to work. Good thing I love all of you.

-KEIOS
Keios is pretty amazing. ~Wyrom

Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 11/11/2014 11:21 AM CST
Yes, this is a really fantastic upgrade, thank you.

~ Bill, Coyote.
Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 11/11/2014 11:25 AM CST
I don't use any of the various systems that this applies to, but it's an awesome upgrade just to watch happen from the outside. :)
Re: Paint & Paintstick colors 05/11/2016 08:54 PM CDT
>> Vials of paint and paint sticks are now dyeable in the dyer's tents and using alchemy-created dye. However, they will not work with additive-treated dyes.

>> Also note that GameMaster Keios has added an option in the dyer's tents where you can ORDER BOTTLE to get the sample dye turned into a bottle of dye to take with you!

>> ~Vanah

This. Is. Awesome. I just had an excuse to use this tonight taking some cobbling dye and converting it so that it could be used for dying arrows.

-- Robert

The town guard exclaims, "What do I look like, a scholar from Biblia?!"