Enchanted master fletched arrows? 08/28/2013 11:18 AM CDT
Just curious as to if anyone has tried to do this? The idea popped up for me on lnet today about the possibility of enchanting bone shafted arrows to 4-5x strictly for the RP aspect of them. Is it possible? Do you have to do each one separately or can you do a whole bundle?

>>We are the ones who will never be broken. With our final breath, we'll fight to the death. We are soldiers.
Re: Enchanted master fletched arrows? 08/28/2013 03:46 PM CDT
<<<Just curious as to if anyone has tried to do this? The idea popped up for me on lnet today about the possibility of enchanting bone shafted arrows to 4-5x strictly for the RP aspect of them. Is it possible? Do you have to do each one separately or can you do a whole bundle?>>>

You'd have to enchant each and every arrow individually, expending a crazy amount of time and expense for no practical advantage. A master fletcher can fletch a bundle of bone-shafted arrows with vultite arrowheads in a couple hours. The result would be 5x magical arrows. Fletching is definitely the way to go.

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Enchanted master fletched arrows? 08/28/2013 07:08 PM CDT
That's the problem. I'm not willing to drop a ridiculous amount of coin on vultite arrowheads. Not worth it.

>>We are the ones who will never be broken. With our final breath, we'll fight to the death. We are soldiers.
Re: Enchanted master fletched arrows? 08/28/2013 07:27 PM CDT
You'll spend more in enchanting potions...

-- Robert

Inside a woven copper strand basket with a partially melted handle, you see an indigo shade-newt, a scattering of deathstone granules, a miniature house-shaped topiary, and a carved miniature twisted tree with a jagged burn mark down the trunk.
Re: Enchanted master fletched arrows? 08/28/2013 07:43 PM CDT
<<<That's the problem. I'm not willing to drop a ridiculous amount of coin on vultite arrowheads. Not worth it.>>>

A bundle of 20 master-fletched, 5x arrows with vultite arrowheads will cost about 10,340 silvers and take about an hour.

A bundle of 5x enchanted arrows will cost about 401,000 silvers and take well over a year to complete.

Are you sure those vultite arrowheads aren't worth it? ;)

~ Heathyr
Re: Enchanted master fletched arrows? 08/28/2013 08:44 PM CDT
>>A bundle of 5x enchanted arrows will cost about 401,000 silvers and take well over a year to complete.

I'm not certain what the temper times are like in prime, but if you get master fletched arrows and enchant them to 4x, it would really only take 40 days or so to do them all.

But as everyone has said already... Get them crafted, trying to enchant them is just... well you know.

~Athias (Platinum)
Re: Enchanted master fletched arrows? 08/28/2013 09:04 PM CDT
<<<I'm not certain what the temper times are like in prime, but if you get master fletched arrows and enchant them to 4x, it would really only take 40 days or so to do them all.>>>

Starting with master fletched (1x) arrows would only take off about 1 day and 710 silvers per arrow. If you stop at 4x, as you say, you could do any number of arrows in about 30 days (or so), but each one would still cost around 9,216 silvers. :)

~ Heathyr and friends
Re: Enchanted master fletched arrows? 08/30/2013 04:24 PM CDT
My thing is, why can't they consider updating the system so you can enchant full bundles instead of one at a time? If you can eblade or bless them in bundles, why not enchant?