Arrowheads 01/12/2013 06:27 PM CST
Is there any advantage to putting arrowheads on arrows?
Re: Arrowheads 01/12/2013 08:24 PM CST
No.
Re: Arrowheads 01/12/2013 08:56 PM CST
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think that technically there is an advantage. If you're using plain wood, attaching arrowheads of an enchanted metal will give your arrows the enchantment of the arrowhead. The enchantments of wood and arrowheads don't stack though, so a faewood arrow with vultite arrowheads would only be 4x.
Re: Arrowheads 01/12/2013 09:49 PM CST
It's not an advantage over using regular enchanted wood. In fact, it's a disadvantage because you have an additional step that incurs roundtime while creating the arrow.
Re: Arrowheads 01/13/2013 06:40 AM CST
<<<Is there any advantage to putting arrowheads on arrows?>>>

Aaaactually, yes. There are several possible advantages, depending upon what you're looking for.

If all you want are cheap, fast 4x arrows...then no, you probably want to avoid arrowheads because they add a wee bit of time and expense to your projects.

But that time and expense can be worth it. For example, you might be fortunate enough to acquire some nice flaring arrowheads, made from drakar, zorchar, gornar, or rhimar. A master fletcher can combine these with faewood to make 5x flaring arrows that never need recharging. If you've ever been hunting when a bundle of e-bladed arrows started running out, you know what a hassle that can be. Innately flaring ammo is pretty sweet.

The other advantage is strictly cosmetic. I've made a few sets of arrows with arrowheads that looked wicked cool. It's all a matter of personal taste. While it does add an extra step to the process, it's actually not THAT big of a difference in overall time. If you're making a bundle of 100 it'll add up, but a few extra minutes might be worth it for a really nice end result.

~ Heathyr and friends