getting severely annoyed 03/06/2012 09:27 AM CST
What the heck is going on here that I'm not seeing, I fletched a single arrow from mesille to see if I could use a pure potion to bless arrows of that wood since my faewood arrows wouldn't take a bless in any way I could try. That worked fine, so I bought two limbs of mesille, fletched up 30 arrows from it.... and the pure potion just sparks and dissipates when I pour it.

I tried a smaller bundle of 5, same results.

I tried another single one, the potion took.

I tried to bundle the two single arrows I blessed... and they wouldn't fragging bundle!!!

Here's the proof:

>glanc
You glance down to see a mesille arrow fletched with dingy grey feathers in your right hand and a mesille arrow fletched with dingy grey feathers in your left hand.
>l my arr
A faint aura of holy light radiates from the arrow.
>l my other arr
A faint aura of holy light radiates from the arrow.
>bund
You cannot bundle these together.

>app my arr
Careful examination indicates the arrow has a base strength of 35 and a base durability of 80. You also determine the current integrity of the arrow to be at 100.0%.
>app my other arr
Careful examination indicates the arrow has a base strength of 35 and a base durability of 80. You also determine the current integrity of the arrow to be at 100.0%.

Now I know blessed arrows can be bundled and bundles of arrows can be blessed, cause pure potions work just fine on bundles of cheap arrows the fletcher's shop sells... so what the heck do I have to do to get my bundles of fletched arrows blessed??? I've seen others with bundles of blessed arrows they've fletched themselves and I'm getting sick or wasting 10k pure potions trying to figure this out.

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: getting severely annoyed 03/06/2012 11:00 AM CST
Blessing normally requires either plain wood, holiness, or 40 cleric ranks. It looks like the pure potion has some kind of odd script that is buggy when faced with magic woods.
Re: getting severely annoyed 03/06/2012 11:58 AM CST
Yer, I just had an assist with GH Krellis who suggested the something similar and gave me a referral to speak with a GM. I'm starting to think my problems blessing my faewood arrows might be related to the same thing, whatever it is. I never tried blessing single ones of those, but pure potions, the cleric spell, and voln blessings all failed on bundles of them... but I just figured it was because they were 5x (4x from the wood and 1x from being masterfully fletched).

Starchitin

A severed gnomish hand crawls in on its fingertips and makes a rude gesture before quickly decaying and rotting into dust. A gust of wind quickly scatters the dust.
Re: getting severely annoyed 03/07/2012 08:59 AM CST
Just posting an update, I got my referral and, apparently, it is a problem with the pure potions. Apparently the script for them is far older then the script for bundling and fletching and wasn't updated when the two were released. There's a possibility that getting my last 6 ranks in fletching will solve the problem, but no garuntee... so I'll be spending my morning getting those ranks to see. In the meantime, all I can do is BUG it.

Starchitin