Blessing 02/07/2012 03:51 AM CST
Due to the fact that the only critters I'll be able to hunt soon in the town I'm in will all be undead, I'm being forced to stock up on pure potions and start stocking up on arrows that can be blessed with them. Unfortunately, I know that the arrows I've been making from faewood cannot be blessed with pure potions (not sure if other methods work on them, but I won't have ready access to them so it doesn't matter).

Before I start wasting time and pours of pure potions, can masterfully crafted arrows be blessed by pure potions at all and, if so, which woods will it work on?

Thanks,
Starchitin
Re: Blessing 02/07/2012 07:54 AM CST
Is it possible to have a Cleric put Bless/304 into a usable gem (Holy Receptacle/325)? If so, then you could get your blesses that way... and if you have a Paladin nearby (or are one) to cast Purify/1604 on your bundles of arrow, you could get twice (2x) the number of shots out of them.
Re: Blessing 02/07/2012 09:57 AM CST
The character in question is a rogue with 0 MIU that's not in voln. I'm trying not to rely on other profession's skills because, as inevitably happens, there's not one around when I need one (I can go days without seeing a cleric and might see a paladin once or twice a year) and getting to another town and back requires a minimum of two hours. Spending the silvers on pure potions isn't a problem cause I can just spend a million filling up my locker and make it back in a couple days (not like I ever spend my silver on anything anyway).

If masterfully crafted arrows aren't blessable with pure potions, I'll have to either get my Voln sorcerer to bless bundles or buy crappy wooden arrows sold in the fletcher's shop.

Starchitin
Re: Blessing 02/07/2012 07:35 PM CST
I can't answer the intended question, But...

If you ever need a palie in town Starch just get a hold of me, I pretty much only log him in to grab something out of his lockers or forge. But he's always there in town.

If I have a moment I'll glad 1604 1000 arrows.

Senglent and his wayward kin.
Re: Blessing 02/08/2012 08:52 AM CST
I never had a problem blessing arrows for people (unless they were already blessed or ebladed) so I would suspect its because you don't have the 40 ranks of cleric spells needed to bless magic materials and the fletching quality is irrelevant. Have you tried masterfully crafted plain wood?

The advantage of getting a cleric to do the blessing is that you will get holy water flares as well. Paladin purification is irrelevant for cleric blessing because its easy to get the maximum bless charges on a bundle without it.

I recommend you use a different description for the arrows you fletch to get blessed, locker a supply and wait till you see a cleric. Mana for blessing comes back faster than I can cast. You can store more blesses on a single arrow, than in a pure potion. You are better filling your locker with a load of blessed arrows than a load of pure potions.