Scribed Arrows 08/22/2011 02:26 PM CDT
So, I'm looking through my junk upon coming back, figuring out what's what, and I come across a bundle of arrows I presumably fletched a long time ago. I have no memory of being able to scribe anything onto arrows and if I did do it, I haven't a clue how.

Normally, I'd just assume someone else did it for me, but what's scribed there is pretty damn perfectly fit for my character. It looks like this:

>s>read my arrow
In the Common language, it reads:
Scribed into the shaft is a chain-encircled lor tree.

In short, how do I do that again? Cause you know... it's cool.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Scribed Arrows 08/22/2011 02:52 PM CDT
You'll have some sort of item that'll have that show when you look at it. They can look like all sorts of things, unfortunately. It could be a "a broken piece of lor" or really anything else.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Scribed Arrows 08/22/2011 03:34 PM CDT
>You'll have some sort of item that'll have that show when you look at it. They can look like all sorts of things, unfortunately. It could be a "a broken piece of lor" or really anything else.

Ha! Well, alright then. I'll look for something with that show, then. I really, really hope it's not in a locker.

Thanks for the info.

~Brian, Sepher's player
Re: Scribed Arrows 08/22/2011 04:34 PM CDT
I'm usually more apprehensive about something being buried on a character than in a locker; lockers at least have manifests.

What I usually do is read/flip my entire manifest, copy to a Notepad file, and search for something (in this case, "lor" for preference, followed by "chain" if that doesn't trigger anything). If that turns up nothing, that I go through and excise everything that I know what it is [armor, weapons, whatnot] and then try and figure out the rest.

First eliminate the impossible (what you already know to not be it), until you're left with the improbable. :)
Re: Scribed Arrows 08/22/2011 05:48 PM CDT
If you're very, very lucky, it'll have the noun "scriber," but it's not very likely. You mark an arrow by rubbing the scriber on it, btw.

~ Nuadjha, the Briar Fox

You inhale deeply upon your pipe, puckering your lips as you send out three rings of smoke before you, then puff out a small vine of smoke that darts right through all three which causes them to disperse in a hazy shroud!
Re: Scribed Arrows 08/22/2011 11:27 PM CDT
Heh. I had the same idea earlier after I posted, except I just searched for the phrase in my log directory (because presumably I wouldn't read my arrow very frequently after I knew what it said) and I found it in a couple files. Turns out someone else made it -- also a Mularosian themed ranger -- and that's why it seemed to fit my profile.

Ah well. I was pretty sure I never owned one of those, but it seemed too perfect. Alas.

Thanks for the suggestions. I really appreciate it.

(And the reason I'm afraid to do anything with my locker is because I resubscribed as a standard account. My locker would asplode on me.)

~Brian, Sepher's player