WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/07/2018 07:20 PM CDT
The Guild of Wizardly Familiarity has published details on methods to find and subsequently befriend a host of familiar entities in and around the town of Mist Harbor. Adventurers who claim to be Wizards will find that the Call Familiar (920) spell will now summon some new types of familiars that are unique to the Isle of the Four Winds!

When approached for comment, one particularly shaken Mist Harbor local managed only to gasp out an unintelligible exclamation of shock that quickly shifted to joy when witnessing what they had managed to summon! Wandering off in a daze, they were overheard muttering something about some new undergarments...

--

Heap your praise upon the shoulders of the great Game Mistress Thandiwe who produced the bulk of effort that lead to the creation of these new familiar types and curse me for allowing this release to languish for years before seeing the light of day.

--
Naos
Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/07/2018 07:50 PM CDT

Totally cool, thanks.

I had to google melomys, I love new words.

:D

Askip
Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/07/2018 08:14 PM CDT

A brief sample, the possibilities seem endless:

an ebon-eared dusty brown bandicoot
a short-nosed greyish brown bandicoot
a short-nosed golden brown bandicoot
a stubby-eared redissh brown bandicoot
a ruby-cheeked light green cockatiel
a grey-banded dusty grey cockatiel
a white-faced pale yellow cockatiel
a plum-sheened celadon hummingbird
a jade green hummingbird
a long-snouted russet brown iguana
a split-tailed deep green iguana
a spike-backed light viridian iguana
a white-bellied albino marmoset
a strip-headed burnt umber marmoset
a lion-faced light grey marmoset
a lion-faced inky black marmoset
a chocolate brown melomys
a fuzzy-faced dark brown melomys
a pointy-faced brown melomys
a pointy-faced auburn melomys
a brown-banded soft white parakeet
a yellow-headed sky blue parakeet
a dusky rose parakeet
a puff-faced pale green pygmy-parrot
a viridian pygmy-parrot
an umber-faced viridian pygmy-parrot
a tiny diamond-scaled serpent
a blunt-nosed pale grey serpent
a plump-cheeked white-bellied sugar-glider
a pink-faced dusty yellow sugar-glider
a blunt-faced burnished grey tamarin
a pink-cheeked dark grey tamarin
a red-maned burnished red tamarin
a brown-faced light grey tarsier
a pink-eared dirty brown tarsier
a light brown tarsier

Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/07/2018 08:20 PM CDT

My wife's magess is now dancing around with a hummingbird on her finger, I have not seen her this happy since she learned Enchant.

Thanks again folks.

Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/07/2018 08:45 PM CDT
I'm oddly excited about the serpents! It makes me really want to bring out my inner Luukosian now.

Signed,
Raelee and her Strings

>Speaking to Zyllah, Alyias says, "See? Raelee knows all."
Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/07/2018 11:09 PM CDT
>>I'm oddly excited about the serpents! It makes me really want to bring out my inner Luukosian now.

Omg yesssss. DO IT! You know you want to!

I am currently spending a billion mana and soundly swearing at the process one goes through to find a specific familiar. Please come to me, emerald serpent of perfection! (I will alternate between this and the amazing wolf raffle win from EG, because that wolf has baller ambient emotes and is kind of stunningly apt in every fashion possible.)

Thank you so much for these new options, squee! <3 <3

~Amanda, player of Treeva
Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/08/2018 07:02 AM CDT

>I am currently spending a billion mana and soundly swearing at the process one goes through to find a specific familiar

Someone please remind me what happened to Summon familiar? Did it cause the game to crash?

Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/08/2018 11:12 AM CDT
In before people start naming their bandicoots Crash.

~ Methais
Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 05/09/2018 05:37 AM CDT
Updated the table of familiars on the 920 page: https://gswiki.play.net/Call_Familiar_(920)#Familiars

Thanks to Raelee, Thrassus, Naamit, and Askip for providing found descriptions either directly to me, in chats I was watching at the time, or here on the forums. I expect the list is as-yet incomplete, and if anyone finds more that aren't listed, feel free to note here or shoot me a message on Discord (Jack of Arts#1271) if you don't feel like wading into the table y'self.

(The observant will notice yellow-capped is listed for both base and secondary under pygmy-parrot. I've seen 'croak-beaked yellow-capped' and 'yellow-capped peacock blue'. Unless it was a bug that's since been fixed, thar it be.)

---
Walsor Gryhm says, "Hmm, a most impressive weapon of note. I'll give you 16 silver coins for it."
You think to yourself, "This deal is getting worse all the time."
Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 06/04/2018 05:34 PM CDT
Is this related only to the addition or is it a known bug?:

The burnished grey hummingbird darts sharply towards the ground, his jewel-like body flashing in the ambient light. At the last possible moment, he drops daintly to the ground and folds his tiny wings to his back.
>pet hum
You can't pet the burnished grey hummingbird, it's flying!
>l
[Ta'Illistim, Glaendier Wey]
You notice a plum-sheened burnished grey hummingbird (sitting) and an enameled silver signpost.
Obvious paths: northeast, west

Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 07/29/2018 12:21 AM CDT
This should be fixed or better or something. I'm not really sure what was going on here, heh! Let me know if you run into any other weirdness.

--
Naos
Re: WIZARDS FIND NEW FRIENDS AROUND MIST HARBOR 07/29/2018 09:10 AM CDT

Thanks Naos.

Askip