Duskruin Shop error? 04/27/2017 07:27 PM CDT
Uncertain if anyone is reading this. But, possible shop error, not exactly sure.

https://gswiki.play.net/Bloodriven_Village#Dark_and_Dangerous

some darkened steel arm greaves 5x, +5 padding armor accessory; protects arms arm-worn 250
some darkened steel leg greaves 5x, +5 padding armor accessory; protects legs leg-worn 250
a darkened steel helm 5x, +5 padding armor accessory; protects head head-worn 250
a darkened steel greathelm 5x, +5 padding armor accessory; protects head and neck head-worn 250
a darkened steel aventail 5x, +5 padding armor accessory; protects neck neck-worn 250

Regardless of what the wiki says, these are in fact +2 padding only. So, if you're looking to buy this beware.

Have fun everyone!
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/27/2017 07:56 PM CDT

Per the sign in the room:

Now dat stuff on de plank dere, we made up with leftover materials, and only had 'nuff padding left fer a light amount on each of dem accessories. Better than nothing if yer too poor to afford de good stuff.

There is no error here.
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/27/2017 08:32 PM CDT
I think the thrust was that the value is 2 points, while the wiki says 5 points.
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/28/2017 12:28 PM CDT
Looks like an error of what light is. I did update the weighting/padding chart awhile back.

https://gswiki.play.net/Weighting

It could be noted, that I said "everything else was intended to be +5" and they were changed based on that. But the reason the +10 got to stay is due to the sign.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/28/2017 03:41 PM CDT

huh, so will the armor accessories be brought to +5 padding? they might be worth the cost in BS then.
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/28/2017 03:50 PM CDT
>>huh, so will the armor accessories be brought to +5 padding? they might be worth the cost in BS then.

As the sign states, the items are lightly padded, not somewhat. There was an error on the gswiki page, which has been fixed.
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/28/2017 04:33 PM CDT

Think it was intended to be +5 as per Wyrom's post as it makes little sense to charge that much BS for a bunch of useless accessories with barely any padding on them. Seems to be a reverse of what happened in the vault.
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/28/2017 04:34 PM CDT
No, nothing will be changed due to the gswiki page being wrong. That wasn't maintained by staff.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/28/2017 05:29 PM CDT
>>Seems to be a reverse of what happened in the vault.

No, it's doing what the vault did. Otherwise, I'd stick with keeping the vault at +5 weight/padding, as it was intended. If it weren't for that sign, we'd not be seeing any heavy padding or weighting in Dark and Dangerous.

Wyrom, PM
Re: Duskruin Shop error? 04/28/2017 05:52 PM CDT

Yeah I see your PoV. As long as you are consistent and if an issue like this arises again you keep to this policy I won't mind. I.E. The sign in the room has final say, even over the head GM.

Although, if it were me I would've just given everyone a choice of a refund. Maybe put a archeologist type NPC in the D&D shop for the purchased gear.