Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/08/2016 08:30 PM CDT
Wyrom, I always believed in you. Even when it became clear that the ELR would be a disaster for me, I still supported you. I never would have predicted a reasonable individual like yourself to condone a move like this. You always seemed quite willing to listen to dissenting opinions, but this? You have poor Aulis up here pretending to be the White House press secretary, tripping all over himself to avoid making any mention of the fact that this move prevents former players from contributing to the discussion in any meaningful way. That isn't the GS I know and love.

I know my tone is often unkind, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to say that I haven't been fair and consistent in my criticisms of the ELR (I even routinely refer back to your pre-ELR statement regarding the necessity of nerfing rapid fire/immolate in order to make room for more robust playstyles - I believe in that, man!). I suppose if you can't get me on forum violations, locking all former players out of forum discussion is the next best thing? Disappointing. Apologies to the rest of you, as this was never my intention.

To my friends and the GS community: It was a pleasure playing with all of you. This game always brought characters to life in a way I have a hard time matching in other games, and Tav was my favorite by far. Playing an unconditionally positive character was simultaneously the easiest and most difficult challenge I've faced in my attempts at roleplay. Easiest in the sense that my character never really had much depth, but also difficult because staying true to such an unrealistic personality turned out to be more of a challenge than I expected. Not everyone is nice (least of all me!) and it's not always easy to treat people like they're your friend when they're attacking you, insulting you, spitting in your face and leaving you for dead!

It was a very rewarding experience for me and I thank you all for that. I hope you got some enjoyment out of playing along with Tav the past several years as well. Also, I sincerely hope that I can see past this some day and return to GS. But right now I'm extremely disappointed in the outcome of the ELR, the staff response, and now this. It's beneath you, Wyrom. You and your staff are better than this and I hope some day you'll prove me right.

Goodbye and good luck. I'll drop by LNet from time to time to say hello and keep up with what's new in GS, but I don't see much point in visiting the forums any longer. Perhaps with me out of the way Estild will have the safe space he needs to continue his crusade to stamp out criticism of his grand plan.

~Taverkin
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/09/2016 11:56 PM CDT

>Perhaps with me out of the way Estild will have the safe space he needs to continue his crusade to stamp out criticism of his grand plan.

Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/10/2016 11:14 AM CDT
Thanks for creating this forum, I was so confused by all the other forums with paying subscribers posting information not relevant to me.
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/10/2016 02:41 PM CDT
>>Thanks for creating this forum, I was so confused by all the other forums with paying subscribers posting information not relevant to me.

While I'm not sure if this is sarcasm (needs italics if so), we have had it mentioned to us from legitimate new players.

Wyrom, APM
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/13/2016 09:41 PM CDT

Something looks different in here tonight.
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/14/2016 03:42 AM CDT

Why is this in F2P discussion? Perhaps it can be moved somewhere appropriate?
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/14/2016 07:29 AM CDT
>Why is this in F2P discussion? Perhaps it can be moved somewhere appropriate?

Seems a lot of posts were made then moved (or removed) since I last visited a couple days ago.

Most likely the reason this discussion is even in here is because of the recent forum changes and what F2P accounts can do in the forums, they're basically limited to here. Some customers that used to have paid subscriptions are forced to only post here from their F2P accounts, instead of the appropriate folders they used to have access to.

-Drumpel
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/15/2016 05:38 PM CDT

Seems this spot is for F2P discussion of anything, not just limited to F2P stuff. Since this is the only space F2P accounts can discuss anything, they should be able to wax eloquently any of these valid topics? Including the removed subject.
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/15/2016 05:43 PM CDT
>Seems this spot is for F2P discussion of anything, not just limited to F2P stuff. Since this is the only space F2P accounts can discuss anything, they should be able to wax eloquently any of these valid topics? Including the removed subject.

I agree. This section of the forums were made to basically segregate the F2P accounts from the rest of the forums so you basically made this section a free for all for any discussion.

If someone has a complaint/question about...oh I don't know...wizards...and they are a F2P account how else is this person supposed to talk about this complaint/question?

Herding the F2P accounts into this one section of the forums and then moving/deleting topics that are deemed "off topic" doesn't make sense because everything in this topic should be "on topic."
Re: Goodbye and Good Luck! 05/15/2016 06:05 PM CDT
The previous topic was not a F2P discussion and it went downhill rather quickly. I made a post that we'd likely be moving the thread if it continued, and it continued. So GM Aulis hopped on to take care of it.

This is meant to be a F2P discussion area. Not a complaint about wizard spells. We have specific topics in this area for concerns about F2P mechanics.

Wyrom, APM