basic account extra character slots 08/14/2014 03:59 PM CDT
Now that we have some new blood at the top, can we reexamine this issue as a way to justify the cost for a subscription to new/old players.

I don't think 3 character slots on a basic account is unreasonable.
Re: basic account extra character slots 10/20/2014 08:32 AM CDT
Agreed.

A red-hulled airship stained in tears crashes into Solhaven with a "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah" sound.
Re: basic account extra character slots 11/06/2014 04:32 PM CST
I think to some degree giving a person an additional two character slots could help one from taking breaks. They would now have two other characters to invest time into where they can switch up between the characters to prevent boredom. In the end it might even bring in more money by preventing people from canceling to take breaks to even possibly bringing back more people from the past that could justify the subscription rate to them.
Re: basic account extra character slots 02/03/2016 12:42 PM CST
I just came back to GS4 after a 10-year break.. and am happy to be back. I am currently a regular subscription and would love to have the ability for another character slot or two. It'd break up the play from only 1 main and allow you to explore other character possibilities and keep the game fresh and fun. For the price paid I'm suprised it is limited to only one character.

Cheers,
Re: basic account extra character slots 02/03/2016 01:10 PM CST

>I just came back to GS4 after a 10-year break.. and am happy to be back. I am currently a regular subscription and would love to have the ability for another character slot or two.

Welcome back. I completely agree that a basic account should have more than one character slot. But what you can do is start as many F2P characters as you want. While I know it's not the same without things like Gift of Lumnis, I think it's the best we're going to get for the foreseeable future.
Re: basic account extra character slots 02/03/2016 01:17 PM CST
There's also always the option to purchase additional slots for the very reasonable price of $2.50 per character on a basic account.
Re: basic account extra character slots 02/03/2016 08:55 PM CST

The GM's mentioned they are working on fixing the archaic and broken pricing system, hopefully this year. Until then we gotta deal this mess.