Erithi Love 07/18/2013 02:02 PM CDT
The last post in this folder was one year and 6 days ago. This makes me sad. Can we get a little erithi love?
Re: Erithi Love 07/18/2013 02:31 PM CDT
Not if it's the same direction that the last Guru was headed in.

I'd rather it rot.

-farmer
>He's right on all counts. ~Vanah
>Farmer is 100% correct. -REIDYN
>Farmer is correct -Wyrom
Re: Erithi Love 07/26/2013 11:06 PM CDT
You'll get some love soon I hope. Soooo many festivals, sooooo little time. So, what would be a direction you would like to see them go?

~Mazreth
Ta'Vaalor Guru
Erithi Guru
Burghal Gnome Guru

"Mother should I trust the Government?"
Re: Erithi Love 07/27/2013 12:02 AM CDT
Away from those worthless 'katas' and that dreck.

If you couldn't guess from my previous posts, I would prefer if Erithians didn't turn into a carbon copy of asians..

-farmer
Re: Erithi Love 07/27/2013 04:38 AM CDT
I thought it was always apparent that they drew inspiration from Asian cultures for this race. Even leading up to its release, Melissa touted it as such. Even the kata in question, assuming you're referring to the Tgara katana scripts, were released shortly after the new races themselves were.

Regardless, I hardly think they're a "carbon copy" aside from some naming conventions, their weaponry (going hand-in-hand with their styles of fighting), and a few small aspects of their culture.
Re: Erithi Love 07/28/2013 04:41 AM CDT
>I thought it was always apparent that they drew inspiration from Asian cultures for this race. Even leading up to its release, Melissa touted it as such.
MABEY

There is a whole world of difference between inspiration and flat out copying.

>Regardless, I hardly think they're a "carbon copy" aside from some naming conventions, their weaponry (going hand-in-hand with their styles of fighting), and a few small aspects of their culture.

So that's 3+ right there. There's not much to the Erithi culture that can't be directly related to an RL asian culture aspect/ideal/whathaveyou. If this development trend continues, as I alluded to, it absolutely will be a carbon copy of RL asian culture (given enough time and a GM actually spending time releasing stuff).

>Even the kata in question, assuming you're referring to the Tgara katana scripts, were released shortly after the new races themselves were.

No. I'm not (though that is yet again, another example of what I'm talking about).

I'm specifically referring to the last Guru's (Xynwen) request for players to come up with 'kata' ideas. She wanted to implement 'forms' for Erithians. Again, another 100% direct ideal from RL asian culture.

^This is what I'm against.

We can do better, and I hope that's the goal going forward.

-farmer
Re: Erithi Love 07/29/2013 02:49 PM CDT
Okay,(puts on a flak jacket to handle the fall out from ideas and misspellings),we were asked for suggestion on how we want the race to go. So someone has to actually give some.Most start races with what the upper classes are like,I'm starting with the lower classes.The farmers, what they produce determines what is eaten and what is sold in racial shops.
As most of my Erithi claim to come from the outpost near Zul Logoth,and one is a farmer of the Tichan Dai. I will suggest what the Dai's farms are like and see how much gets shot down.I see them as using and intergrated system of terraced fields and ponds, combining both agriculture and aquaculture.Having both Cash and Stapple crops, like hops and barley to sell to the dwarves(in exchange for stonework in the terraces and buildings),to stapples like cattail pollen amd lotus root and edible flowers.
In the ponds and pools they have made, they keep schools of trout amd other fish herded by herons trained like sheep dogs, and asorted ducks,geese and swans(hmmm,I wonder if the outpost has an Uncle Si).With pea hens and some form of guenea hen and goats(as cashmere blankets have been sold cashmere goats make a good fit here them being in mountains) as for draft animals I was thinking some kind of trained moose to handle both land and aqua work( as water buffalo are too asian and would give Ismano fits)
Re: Erithi Love 09/21/2013 08:33 PM CDT
Things I would like to see would include revisiting aspects of Erithi culture that have been done over the years that don't necessarily focus around the weaponry. Erithian poetry, for example, is very interesting. The few times I have met Erithi sorcerers I point them towards Erithi poetry for inspiration, as Aishan are mentioned in it.

Another event that I was not around for, but they created Erithi festival masks and the shows resembled their fears/nightmares. I always thought that was really neat.

Though I do, also, like all the fun weapons and such. Tgara zests, greame sashes, and such. Kata, which was mentioned earlier, is referenced in the katana document so I feel comfortable using the term IG on my erithi.