Spell Knowledge? 08/23/2016 09:47 AM CDT
Does anyone know if
a) any of these have gone out? and
b) if so, who has 'em?

(Listed in more-or-less order of desirability. Totally willing to pick up the Monk spells if they're out there.)

Spell Name Number

Arcane Blast 1700
Pious Trial 1602
Force Orb 1201
Force Projection 1207
Disintegrate 705
Thought Lash 1210
Chromatic Circle 502

Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/23/2016 10:39 AM CDT
Hey, Robert - I don't get a couple of these, why you'd want them as spell knowledge (unless they're for a bard. ;)

For example, Arcane Blast, as I believe you know, is already 'known' by all pures.

Whatcha cooking up?

Doug
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/23/2016 11:46 AM CDT
I've come across a couple scrolls that hold a couple spells you're asking about. I hold scrolls that have decent value in silver at the pawnshop, have spells I can't decipher yet or possible spells I may find use of in the future for my rogue. Right now though, my rogue can't really use them since he's only got 17 ranks in AS.

It takes you a moment to focus on the arcane scroll.
On the arcane scroll you see
(110) Unbalance
(1207) Force Projection
1 unreadable spell

It takes you a moment to focus on the dark vellum.
On the dark vellum you see
(502) Chromatic Circle
(507) Elemental Deflection
(406) Elemental Defense II
(403) Lock Pick Enhancement

It takes you a moment to focus on the resplendent scroll.
On the resplendent scroll you see
(102) Spirit Barrier
(1602) Pious Trial

It's possible I've come across 1201 or 1210 in the past, but if the scroll wasn't worth much I just sold it off.

I don't recall picking any of these up from the pawnshops, usually I'm selling scrolls and not buying them, but I don't recall. They all have not been used by me. They just take up space in my backpack right now. If you're interested, let me know.

-Drumpel
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/23/2016 12:26 PM CDT
"unless they're for a bard." -- Doug

Give, I say, GIVE that man a cee-gar! </Foghorn>

Yeah, I was reading the Minor Mental list and ran across all the "Mental Lore: <whatever>" bonuses and said, "Oh, HELL yeah, gimme some of that action!"
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/23/2016 12:27 PM CDT
Neat, Drumpel, thanks!

I'll give you 10k per those three scrolls, if you want to part with them. (It's worth it, just to try fiddling with the spells. :)
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/23/2016 12:45 PM CDT
>I'll give you 10k per those three scrolls, if you want to part with them. (It's worth it, just to try fiddling with the spells. :)

Sent you a message via your play.net. See if we can't find a time to meet up quick.

-Drumpel
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/23/2016 08:36 PM CDT
And in thinking about it...

Since Spirit Barrier/102 has a warding check when not cast at yourself, hence offensive in nature, hence it should trigger runestaff flares...

Heck yeah, sign me up!

If anyone has a self-knowledge one of those, too, add it to the list that I'm interested in. :)
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/25/2016 12:36 AM CDT
How about 1101, as well? That is castable on others to do a little damage. Plus the mental lore boost and all?

I don't have anything useful though. Just a suggestion.
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/25/2016 08:41 AM CDT
I thought about both it and (Smite|)Bane/302, but decided against:
- Wrong Realm (Bard is Mental/Elemental, those are Spirit), so wrong stat bonus being used;
- Wrong 'grade' of spell (those are Pure lists, so the TDs are built towards double-and-maybe-triple trainers... whereas the Paladin list TDs are even lower than those for Bardic spells [which surprised me!]);
- at least the Arcane list is bad for everyone, and even if the TDs are bad, at least it's a 0-mana spell.

And let's be honest, I'm in it a lot more for the Sonic Runestaff[*] flares, than I am for the spell's damage; that's why I was looking at the low-mana cost spells.

[*] Now, with free sample! 2-mana Vibration Chant in action.

Freshly spawned:

You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a stone giant.
CS: +257 - TD: +202 + CvA: +25 + d100: +100 == +180
Warding failed!
You focus your voice on a stone giant's war mattock with perfect resonance, causing it to shatter into thousands of tiny pieces!
... 40 points of damage!
Hard blow to neck loosens head on shoulders.
Quite fatal!
The stone giant rumbles in agony as he teeters for a moment, then tumbles to the ground with a thundering crash!
The stone giant shudders and goes still.
A stone giant seems to lose an aura of confidence.
A stone giant returns to normal color.
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.

Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/25/2016 09:18 AM CDT
That's not a runestaff flare. That's just normal 1002. The exploding mattock blew the giant's head off.
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/25/2016 09:31 AM CDT
You're right! I was thinking of the other clip recently.

You change your tune slightly, adding the element for Song of Unravelling to your song...
Your spellsong is ready.
>You weave another verse into your harmony, directing the sound of your voice at a stone troll.
CS: +255 - TD: +145 + CvA: +25 + d100: +31 == +166
Warding failed!
You feel your song touch the magic surrounding the stone troll and begin to resonate, pulling at the threads of the troll's control.
The air about a stone troll stops shimmering.

Your sonic runestaff unleashes a blast of sonic energy at a stone troll!
... 40 points of damage!
Hard strike to right arm breaking tendons and bone!
The stone troll is stunned!

With a loud snap, a blast of energy bursts from your sonic runestaff!
... 50 points of damage!
Blow removes the stone troll's right hand neatly!
The stone troll rumbles in pain as his heavy stone arm falls to the ground!
Sing Roundtime 3 Seconds.
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/26/2016 12:59 AM CDT
Man, I wish my pure's level 2 spells could crit kill like that semi's does.

http://i.imgur.com/lsWPzG9.gif
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/26/2016 06:16 AM CDT
The best spell for your purpose would be 1201. 1 mana, and MnM TD which is as low as paladin TD. Also you get bonus exp for enhancing your CS.
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/26/2016 07:52 AM CDT
"Man, I wish my pure's level 2 spells [that I can use against any opponent, at any time] could crit kill like that semi's does [against targets who
a) are capable of using weapon and/or shield and
b) actually HAVE one or more of same and
c) get lucky enough to randomly roll a strong enough crit
d) against a randomly selected area that happens to be a kill-spot]." -- Mekk1

Fixed that up for you, there.

It's a self-limiting spell.
- If you start off against creatures that don't even have weapons/shields [golems, 'naturals' like animals, et cetera], then it's already a fail.
- At most, a creature can gen with two (2) targets: one weapon, one shield.
- If the weapon they start with a 2Hander or Pole Arm or Bow... one target fewer.
- If the crit from the first one [weapon, shield] happens to sever the hand or arm on the opposite side, then that one [shield, weapon] falls to the ground... one fewer target.
- If you do luck out and get both of your casts in... now you're totally out of targets.
- (And, need I mention that, if you have to cast twice or more, then it, uhhh, isn't killing the creature.)

It was a bunch of lucky rolls. Some times you get 'em, like flares from your runestaff. You probably don't complain too much when you get that net 103 result, and get a lethal flare from the runestaff, do you?
Re: Spell Knowledge? 08/26/2016 07:53 AM CDT
Thanks, Rathboner! I'll keep my eye out for it. (Heh.)