Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/14/2018 10:37 PM CDT
Long time listener, first time caller..

I bought an Iasha weapon fron DR, got the all-profession upgrade to it, and it's Tier 2, it's currently T3 ensorcelled, I was wondering if they are player enchantable? And if there's any added difficulties due to it being an iasha weapon.

Had someone cast at it and they said the messaging they got, they thought it could be, but don't waste anyones times on failed casts if it can't be enchanted.
Just curious as to which potions would be needed to enchant it fro 5-6x and from 6-7x.

Thank you in advance.
Re: Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/14/2018 11:18 PM CDT
According to the mighty wizardly wiki-dex: No.

https://gswiki.play.net/Enchant_Item_(925)#Functional_Item_Scripts

Doug
Re: Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/15/2018 07:53 AM CDT
Recall that the GM just changed iasha weapon about 3 weeks ago such that instead of flare+script slot, its now script only. So may be worth someone able to check if its enchantable now.
Re: Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/15/2018 09:51 AM CDT
Hmm. . . I got as far back as Estild's description of the StormStaff - still want to cry every time I see that thing - in Discord, for both enchant and Iasha. Don't see anything on it.

Have a source we can review? And - I can test it easy enough to see if it is enchantable. That's much less an issue than getting it validated, figuring out the 'rules' as it were, and getting the information on the wiki corrected if it's changed.

Doug
Re: Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/15/2018 12:24 PM CDT
>Recall that the GM just changed iasha weapon about 3 weeks ago such that instead of flare+script slot, its now script only.

That change ended up not going through.

Incidentally, the messaging on a T3 Iasha does show that enchanting is impossible even for a decently post-cap wizard (80 Major Elemental, 100 Wizard, 100 AS, 200 MIU, 200 EMC), so a while back I actually bugitemed a T1 for showing that enchanting is possible. I really think (and hope) it can't be true that the T1s and T2s are enchantable while T3s aren't. :P

https://gswiki.play.net/Leafiara
Re: Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/15/2018 02:11 PM CDT

Is that from a test cast only leafiara or a temper plus test cast?

I have a wizard at 303 ranks for a few more months if folks would like another data point.

Lochiven
Re: Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/15/2018 04:09 PM CDT
A test cast only.

Re: Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/16/2018 12:56 PM CDT
Unless there has been a recent change in how they work, Iasha weapons are plasma flaring weapons. To the best of my knowledge we (Wizards) have not been provided with a way to enchant plasma flaring weapons.

-- Robert aka Faulkil

Due to the volatile atmosphere, random bolts of lightning can intermittently be seen streaking through the skyline.
Re: Player enchanting iasha weapons? 07/16/2018 03:02 PM CDT
Well... it's a little more complicated than that. I bought a sprite flare cert at DR and switched my weapon's sprite flare to plasma, and I'm currently enchanting it.

From what I understand, that's possible because it's a script flare, which uses the D slot of item properties. If I'd bought an uncommon flare cert and added plasma as the weapon's second flare in the B slot, then that would have made it unenchantable... which is why I didn't do it.

So Iashas being unenchantable might have nothing to do with them flaring plasma, but just coincidentally how the script is written. (I say "might" because I'm not sure. But consider that solar/nebular weapons flare fire/cold while still being unenchantable... script flares can do what the creator wants, it seems.)

And as an aside, if any GM would like to add to the cleric guild and/or wizard guild a way to make pre-temper potions for (B slot) plasma flaring gear, I'm all for it. :P